Nintendo Switch

Chindie

Digital Foundry do a full analysis of Links Awakening including a comparison with the original.

The original is one of my favourite games, so no surprise a pretty much frame for frame remake of it is excellent.

I don't think I'll ever like the look of the thing though. I can see why many would like it, and I can see they're actively trying to make it look toy like, but I kinda hate it.

On 04/10/2019 at 14:33, tomsky_11 said:

Has anyone found a decent fix for this stick drifting issue? My Switch is basically unplayable at the moment due to this.

Yeah buy a pro controller. Its a common issue that  Nintendo are just ignoring in the uk

• Like 1

I bought a new Switch for 3 reasons.

1) I kept dancing off the edge in the test of friendship task in NNK

2) The missus kept nicking the console 

3) better battery

I got a Pro controller when my stick started driving (ooooh matron) but missed playing handheld.

Re: battery, the 2 year old console and the new one.

We were both playing NNK, both handheld. After about 90mins, her battery was on 5% and mine on 45%, granted it's a new console and battery, but it shows just how much the battery degrades in its lifetime.

Edited by avfcDJ

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah buy a pro controller. Its a common issue that  Nintendo are just ignoring in the uk

Just realised yesterday that what I thought was an expired one year warranty on my Switch was actually two years, with another 5 months left. So I'll be sending Joy-Cons back to Nintendo for repair. Hopefully all sorted then.

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It's an issue they are ignoring worldwide. There is a massive lawsuit in the US surrounding it and now Switch Lite cases are being added to it. Nintendo don't give a shit as they have failed to fix the issue, and now the issue plagues a version of the console without swappable joy-con which is even worse. 

7 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

I've got £22 reward points (e-store) available, any game recommendations for me to look at for that price? 

Why don't you what until end of the month and get luigis mansion 3? That looks like a potential great game 

9 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

I've got £22 reward points (e-store) available, any game recommendations for me to look at for that price? 

Divinity Original Sin 2. Fantastic game.

Just a quick look at some of the reviews may convince you (it's been incredibly well reviewed).

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Why don't you what until end of the month and get luigis mansion 3? That looks like a potential great game 

Already pre-ordered :)

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Just a quick look at some of the reviews may convince you (it's been incredibly well reviewed).

Just watched a video, looks like my type of game. A good shout, cheers!

• Like 1

So glad I bought the new switch, I'm sure the screen is different - Warner colours, looks great even in sunlight, and the battery is vastly improved. I have played a few games today (handheld) and I'm only down to 22% now.

I played NNK for an hour, Lego DC Villains for about 3 hours, and then back to NNK for another hour and a bit. Not bad.

14 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

So glad I bought the new switch, I'm sure the screen is different - Warner colours, looks great even in sunlight, and the battery is vastly improved. I have played a few games today (handheld) and I'm only down to 22% now.

I played NNK for an hour, Lego DC Villains for about 3 hours, and then back to NNK for another hour and a bit. Not bad.

Lego dc vilians I had that. Really hated it. Traded it in.

On 08/10/2019 at 08:41, Designer1 said:

Got this. Will play once done with NNK :)

• Like 1

On 07/10/2019 at 09:17, Demitri_C said:

Interestingly (or not), my PowerA wireless controller has developed drift just like my original joy cons. But the wired PowerA controllers I've got which I've had for a lot longer are both absolutely fine. Fingers crossed, the recent pair of Splatoon 2 coloured joy cons I bought are fine for now too. I do wonder if it's to do with the bluetooth signal though rather than cheap parts/wear/dust.

Edited by Ingram85

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Interestingly (or not), my PowerA wireless controller has developed drift just like my original joy cons. But the wired PowerA controllers I've got which I've had for a lot longer are both absolutely fine. Fingers crossed, the recent pair of Splatoon 2 coloured joy cons I bought are fine for now too. I do wonder if it's to do with the bluetooth signal though rather than cheap parts/wear/dust.

Not heard of that for the pro controllers! Are they official Nintendo pro ones?

Â