Nintendo Switch

Chindie

• 3 weeks later...

The wife bought Animal Crossing so I've been giving that a bit of a run. Never thought I'd play it but it's a bit of fun. The 2 player Co-op mode is rubbish though. Otherwise I've been trying to get through Super Mario 3 on the NES Emulator. Up to World 7.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

The wife bought Animal Crossing so I've been giving that a bit of a run. Never thought I'd play it but it's a bit of fun. The 2 player Co-op mode is rubbish though. Otherwise I've been trying to get through Super Mario 3 on the NES Emulator. Up to World 7.

Yeah I've been getting my teeth into animal crossing.

It's typically one of those games where you don't feel like you're doing much, but then 2 hours later you're still playing.

It's a good little time sink, and very relaxing.

The OH loves it too. It's rare she plays video games but she loves this one.

My only complaint is the island sharing stuff. Not so much that we're on the same island. In fact I quite like that aspect of it, that we can help each other out by sending each other stuff and leave notes and stuff. It's funny.
The problem is I seem to be getting all of the actual tasks to do. I've built the museum, built the shop on the island, built the bridge and built 3 new houses for new guests that are going to be arriving. 
My OH hasn't had the option to do any of that, even though she's played it far longer than I have and has way more stuff.

I'm guessing it's because I was the first one to fire the game up, so I'm the "main" player. But it's a bit shitty for her that she doesn't get to do any of that.

Oh and yeah the co-op is crap. Basically pointless.

• Like 2

On 01/05/2020 at 11:04, Demitri_C said:

Anyone up for a VT mario kart at some point this weekend?

I'm late to this but I'd be up for this. Played last night with some friends and it was great fun

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I'm late to this but I'd be up for this. Played last night with some friends and it was great fun

I need to add you onto my friend list. Ill get a thread going. Probably best time to do it while on lockdown!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

My only complaint is the island sharing stuff. Not so much that we're on the same island. In fact I quite like that aspect of it, that we can help each other out by sending each other stuff and leave notes and stuff. It's funny.
The problem is I seem to be getting all of the actual tasks to do. I've built the museum, built the shop on the island, built the bridge and built 3 new houses for new guests that are going to be arriving. 
My OH hasn't had the option to do any of that, even though she's played it far longer than I have and has way more stuff.

I'm guessing it's because I was the first one to fire the game up, so I'm the "main" player. But it's a bit shitty for her that she doesn't get to do any of that.

Oh and yeah the co-op is crap. Basically pointless.

Yeah, same with me and Mrs P. I usually play it for 20 minutes in the morning, so I get all the fossils, get to the shop first etc. Then she plays after 10pm when the shop is shut.

I can't help but think about all the arguments this game must have cause with siblings around the world.

EDIT: Just to clarify, me and my wife aren't also siblings by the way... I just meant we wouldn't argue about it like kids would. Phew, close one.

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hornso said:

Yep I agree, bought Animal Crossing so I could play it with my kid but we've decided that the local 2 player feature isn't worth the time so I just watch him play it instead. It's still better than playing bloody Minecraft though so I'll take it.

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

NBA 2K20 is £2.50 on the Eshop until the 27th if anyone is interested. 

I usually wouldn’t be but for that price it’s worth a download imo

I bought 2k19 on a sale like that last year. Was very worth it.

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

NBA 2K20 is £2.50 on the Eshop until the 27th if anyone is interested. 

I usually wouldn’t be but for that price it’s worth a download imo

Tempted but it's a 50gb download I think.

Also, last year they did the same and then added in adverts within loading screens etc 

Same again. Unskippable too.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/10/28/nba-2k20-ads-unskippable/

I presume same on Switch. It was on sale for £5 last year and I bought it. Got a refund from Nintendo as the adverts were so annoying.

It would seem unskippable ads have found their way into NBA 2K20. This is despite similar advertisements ruffling the feathers of players in NBA 2K19 earlier this summer. Over the weekend, Reddit user Boostermiester shared a screenshot of an unskippable ad in NBA 2K20. The ad, which is for Converse, appears on a screen even after the player’s game seems to have loaded.

Edited by avfcDJ

Â