Mitchell Clark

sir_gary_cahill

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/10/2018 at 14:20, villa4europe said:

the ones his agent made up

There was a West Ham scout at the game i went to sitting near me at Port Vale vs Exeter.

Also number of scouts at previous game i went to Port Vale vs Lincoln.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hippo said:

is there no chance he will sign a new deal with us ? ...is he not rated by the club ?

I think he’s very highly rated but he’s at an age where he might want first team football, either way all the best to him, I think he’s class

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I just have this feeling based on nothing whatsoever this kid will be the real deal and the next hero for us .... you always have hopes and fingers crossed he can save us a few £mill 

I think you could be right, let’s see what happens with him, could be a great player

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, sne said:

Any news on this front?

Are we recalling him?

Is he signing a new contract?

I know of a couple clubs watching him for the summer when currently his contract expires. Need get him signed up

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

Considering the dire state of our defense, and even more so for next season it would be strange not to recall him, and if possible get him to sign a new contract.

He is supposed to be promising, and can play in multiple positions. From what I've read we have the option to recall him.

No-brainer for me.

If we lack funds I'd rather see him and Bree on the flanks (or as options in the middle) than persisting with Elmo, Hutton and Taylor.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 21:57, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’s very highly rated but he’s at an age where he might want first team football, either way all the best to him, I think he’s class

I know sometimes you get scrutinised for being over optimistic towards our young players, but I thoroughly agree with you here. The kid has got so much commitment and passion, plays every game with the same attitude with that hunger and desire. It would be a massive mistake to let him go. My only concern is that he's a little short for a centre back but hes proven to be quite versatile.

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

I know sometimes you get scrutinised for being over optimistic towards our young players, but I thoroughly agree with you here. The kid has got so much commitment and passion, plays every game with the same attitude with that hunger and desire. It would be a massive mistake to let him go. My only concern is that he's a little short for a centre back but hes proven to be quite versatile.

I trust the club, if we do let him go at the end of the season, it won’t be due to a lack of talent, it’s his attitude that I worry about. This is speaking from afar but in terms of natural ability, he’s up with the best I’ve seen come through the academy, it’s up to him, he’s so versatile yes, I think you’re absolutely correct, he wears his heart on his sleeve, he’s a throwback

• Like 1

Not ready for the 1st team at Villa apparently so wont be recalled and contract ends this season and may be gone!Gutting if true not been given a real chance.

Edited by midian

Â