Mitchell Clark

sir_gary_cahill

• 4 months later...

He made his debut for the first team last night against Telford, I think he could be outstanding, the only thing he lacks to be a top centre back is a few inches in height, anyone tell me how he got on last night?

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He made his debut for the first team last night against Telford, I think he could be outstanding, the only thing he lacks to be a top centre back is a few inches in height, anyone tell me how he got on last night?

Seemed alright.  Made a cracking run (pacey player or...?) to win our 2nd penalty - although looked like it might have been a dive at the end.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He looked at home. Played left side so totally out of his comfort zone. He'll be a cracking RB if he doesn't grow. 

13 hours ago, dn1982 said:

He looked at home. Played left side so totally out of his comfort zone. He'll be a cracking RB if he doesn't grow. 

Left back? He's excellent at right back but even better in his natural position of centre back

11 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Left back? He's excellent at right back but even better in his natural position of centre back

No left centre half alongside Samba He's predominately right footed. I've not seen him much as CB but he's way too small at the minute or he seemed it next to Samba!!! 

8 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

No left centre half alongside Samba He's predominately right footed. I've not seen him much as CB but he's way too small at the minute or he seemed it next to Samba!!! 

If he was a few inches taller, he'd be in the first team at centre back, he could be outstanding 

• 1 month later...

What a debut. Cool as a cucumber. Wasn't flawless and made a couple of mistakes as you'd expect but looks an exciting player. 

Anyone know now if he's a left back in the development squads? Right footed which is odd, though he was happy to use his left if needed. 

Decent at the back but but quite explosive going forwards at times, and made some lovely runs. 

9 minutes ago, blunther said:

What a debut. Cool as a cucumber. Wasn't flawless and made a couple of mistakes as you'd expect but looks an exciting player. 

Anyone know now if he's a left back in the development squads? Right footed which is odd, though he was happy to use his left if needed. 

Decent at the back but but quite explosive going forwards at times, and made some lovely runs. 

Could be a Harry Maguire sort of defender who makes mazy runs and pops up with fair few headed goals. I had to go and do my first ever "Opposition Match Report" for a professional club since i was qualified as Talent Identification Scout last weekend for Barnet FC on Brighton  (who Barnet only lost 1-0 to tonight in cup) playing Leicester at Kings Power Stadium.

Maguire  really impressed me he was cool as a cucumber and is a very good defender he went on about 5 or 6 mazy runs through the Brighton midfield, from what people are saying Clark could easily be a similar player within time to Maguire.

Edited by Villan4Life

I'm sure I made a thread for him on here a while ago, he's a brilliant young talent, if he was a few inches taller, he'd be in our first team, his best position is centre back closely followed by right back. I've never seen him play at left back but he was great tonight 

• Like 1

I thought he was outstanding - he was occasionally out of position defensively and got the wrong side of his man, but he was well supported and his recovery chasing was excellent. What really impressed me was what he did on the ball, a great ball down the line for Bjarnason settled his nerves and then a lovely ball over the top for Adomah which should have resulted in a goal ten minutes later.

He looked measured, assured and confident - not in the slightest bit overawed - congratulations to him on a very impressive debut.

• Like 2

Â