Mitchell Clark

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Apparently training with Leicester City.

Surprised he hasn't signed for a football league club already but I do remember his agent saying he wouldn't settle for any old move for him. Guess he could sign for their under 23 team (if they have one) and take it from there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Surprised he hasn't signed for a football league club already but I do remember his agent saying he wouldn't settle for any old move for him. Guess he could sign for their under 23 team (if they have one) and take it from there.

I recommended him to Tranmere. Looks like  they not interested in them. Corey Blackett-Taylor did sign though.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I recommended him to Tranmere. Looks like  they not interested in them. Corey Blackett-Taylor did sign though.

Saw a bit of Corey at Walsall, not easy in a team that was hurtling towards relegation but he had a really good game at Sunderland.

Pretty raw but a good pick up for any counter attacking team with his pace which I imagine Tranmere will be given they've gone from non league to league 1 in two seasons so won't be dominant in that many games next season.

• Like 1

Leicester City continue under-23s recruitment drive by signing former Aston Villa defender

Leicester City continue under-23s recruitment drive by signing former Aston Villa defender

0_GettyImages-1016252480.jpg

Leicester City have added to their list of new signings for their development team.

The Foxes have been on a recruitment drive this summer to improve their under-23s side, who lost eight consecutive games to finish last season.

And the latest to arrive is former Aston Villa defender Mitch Clark, according to Port Vale boss John Askey.

Clark spent time on loan at Port Vale last season and the Staffordshire club were hoping to re-sign him ahead of next season following his release from Aston Villa.

But upon enquiring, Askey discovered Clark had agreed a deal with Leicester City.

He told the Stoke Sentinel: "I have been told that he has signed for Leicester.

"I think if he goes to Leicester then I don't think they will loan him out until January anyway. You get to a stage where you just move on and hopefully we can get somebody in better."

Clark is a Nuneaton-born, former Wales under-19 international who signed for Aston Villa at the age of just seven.

He came through the academy at Villa Park but never managed a senior league appearance, instead making his debut on the professional scene at Port Vale last season.

The full-back made 40 appearance for Vale last season as they dodged the drop in League Two, finishing 20th.

Clark is set to join Vontae Daley-Campbell, Ali Reghba and George Hirst in arriving at the club's development setup this summer.

Signs for £0, relatively low wages, plays a couple of cup games, does ok, doesn't fully make the grade, sold to a championship club for £5m

If all 4 of those youngsters do the same Leicester are £20 up and buying one playing who has made the grade

If even one of them makes it then happy days 

Smart, risk free

Edited by villa4europe

On 18/07/2019 at 10:37, villa4europe said:

Signs for £0, relatively low wages, plays a couple of cup games, does ok, doesn't fully make the grade, sold to a championship club for £5m

If all 4 of those youngsters do the same Leicester are £20 up and buying one playing who has made the grade

If even one of them makes it then happy days 

Smart, risk free

I agree 

It's good business by Leicester, he appears to have potential & British players are  at a premium these days. Maybe he can develop with LCFC

• 6 months later...

So after all the bluster of how he was raging he didn't get a chance here, and all the nonsense from his agent....he is back at Port Vale on loan. Where he was 2 years ago.

Bloke is a tit so is his agent. i had heard a rumour that whilst we rated him we just didn't want to deal with him or his representatives.

On 3 May, upon returning from his loan spell, Clark was released by Aston Villa manager Dean Smith; his agent claimed there was interest from numerous clubs and said that "I believe that I can take him on to bigger and better things than what he's doing at Port Vale."[16]

Edited by rodders0223

• 2 years later...
7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What do you mean? 

Has something happened with him?

Some massive change since Feb 2020?

Some big news?

Spill the beans!

Still breathing. Allegedly.

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Surely 5 o'clock on a Tuesday is a little early for hitting the vodkas again?

haven't even started yet ;)

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Uh oh . . . look out Stephen Cooke and Benjamin Siegrist then.

*makes mental note*

• Haha 2

Â