Mitchell Clark

sir_gary_cahill

Played 90 minutes and they kept a clean sheet.

Clarke had a sound debut

The defence were good and young Clark had an outstanding debut

young Clark lived up to his billing

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?35713-Match-Thread-Port-Vale-v-Crawley-Town/page17

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

He played left back SGC

It's a shame we are pretty well stocked at LB......oh wait a minute.....:crylaugh:

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

I think he played LB for a large part of the second half in one of the pre season matches, and I had suggested at that time he was a better option than Taylor.

A good player, and will do well.

He is but he’s not a left back, I can’t see him staying there in the long term, you should see him at centre back

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think he played LB for a large part of the second half in one of the pre season matches, and I had suggested at that time he was a better option than Taylor.

A good player, and will do well.

I can't recall the game (Wigan/Notts county maybe?) But he played in a cup game last season and looked pretty assured. 

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He is but he’s not a left back, I can’t see him staying there in the long term, you should see him at centre back

I’ve only seen him when he played in the first team at lb. I just don’t see him making it at cb, he is too small. However, a sustained run at lb will do him well and he could make the position his own 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve only seen him when he played in the first team at lb. I just don’t see him making it at cb, he is too small. However, a sustained run at lb will do him well and he could make the position his own 

If he was a few inches taller, he’d be in our first team at centre back. Even though, he’s small, he’s still great in the air, he’s good at right back too

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If he was a few inches taller, he’d be in our first team at centre back. Even though, he’s small, he’s still great in the air, he’s good at right back too

Thats the most important part, I think Bruce didn’t know he can play there otherwise why to get rid of? ?

• Haha 3

I agree with most of what has been discussed on this page (Watch the page break now) Clark is a very mobile and versatile defender and I hope he gains valuable experience on loan and possibly, if his performances are to a high enough level, captures attention and returns with a strong stance in our squad.

On 16/08/2018 at 18:27, Villan4Life said:

Going to need all luck in world at Port Vale.

I went other night when they lost 4-0 to Lincoln at home they was absolutely shocking and was booed throughout the match!

Probably not best club to have sent young Clark to to be fair as they look worse than last season Vale do.

Lincoln are a very good club at league 2 level, they'll get automatic promotion. Cowley brothers will go far in management.

Vale haven't been too bad since Neil Aspin came in as manager, inconsistant but do pick up wins as they did on Saturday.

Apparently Clark was MOTM in that at left back. I think he could make it here actually. Thought he did fine in the cup games. Just need to wait until we sell our 456 full backs!

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Lincoln are a very good club at league 2 level, they'll get automatic promotion.

Vale haven't been too bad since Neil Aspin came in as manager, inconsistant but do pick up wins as they did on Saturday.

Apparently Clark was MOTM in that at left back. I think he could make it here actually. Thought he did fine in the cup games. Just need to wait until we sell our 456 full backs!

They haven't been bad in 3 games i have seen since Xmas was just awful against Lincoln! They beat Coventry last Boxing Day that i went to where Tom Bayliss for Coventry was best player on pitch but Port Vale won 1-0!! i have seen Lincoln live 3 times since last October even though they lost 4-0 to Notts County the have a good team and think they could go up this season! I am a massive fan of Michael Bostwick! and John Akinde i have rated for a fair few years that they have just bought in they have very good management team and a team full of good players inc Alex Woodyard (That we was linked with a few years back)

Port Vale just need bring in some more decent bosman's or loans! I rate Scott Quigley who is on loan from Blackpool given a run of games he will score a lot alongside Tom Pope. Aspin isn't a bad manager to be fair they might bring Ben Whitfield back on a bosman (He was on loan there last season from Bournemouth only 5ft5 but a very good baller, contract wrangle is why he left Bournemouth) 

Edited by Villan4Life

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Been very impressive so far. Started all 4 games , playing 90 mins in all of them. He has a big future at Villa as long as we have a manager who encourages good attacking football.

Great, sadly he’s out of contract in the Summer, he is a great player though

• Like 1

Â