Memory Lane

maqroll

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

You can see that from The Holte End car park.  8 spent ages on Google Maps one evening trying to find out what it was. You can buy an apartment in there now. 

Buy an apartment in a creepy old mental hospital?

Nope. Double nope. Eight shades of nope.

• Like 2

On 09/04/2022 at 22:56, Xela said:

Spent many a Thursday, Friday and Saturday night there! Circo bar first then over to the Dome.

All got a bit shit towards the end though. Remember when a kid drove into the people queueing outside? A bouncer was killed. 

Don’t forget the GaryOwen 🤣🤣

Edited by Follyfoot

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

What with 'care in the community', many old psychiatric hospitals have been redeveloped as housing. I think they should give them addresses along the lines of:

Paranoia House,

22b Schizophrenia Terrace,

The Old Lunatic Asylum,

Menston. 

That would be insane. 

10 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Buy an apartment in a creepy old mental hospital?

Nope. Double nope. Eight shades of nope.

I've seen too many episodes of 'Supernatural' to consider that! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Xela said:

It was Highcroft in North Brum.

It even looked scary. 

0-TRMRMMGLPICT000021031305.jpg

I used to live there with a Ex GF, bought it when it was first built, an I shit you not, the first week I was living there, I thought I saw a guy in a wheel chair coming down my hallway from the front door. The lights were not on, it was late, dark,  I never really thought anything of it. Then someone told me the history of the place, an I remember having a shiver, realised it could have been real. 😬

• Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I used to live there with a Ex GF, bought it when it was first built, an I shit you not, the first week I was living there, I thought I saw a guy in a wheel chair coming down my hallway from the front door. The lights were not on, it was late, dark,  I never really thought anything of it. Then someone told me the history of the place, an I remember having a shiver, realised it could have been real. 😬

Why the everloving hell would you not think anything of a man in a wheelchair inside your apartment. I'd have been in the travelodge down the road in about 5 minutes, and stayed there. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I thought I saw a guy in a wheel chair coming down my hallway from the front door. 

It wasn't me.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Why the everloving hell would you not think anything of a man in a wheelchair inside your apartment. I'd have been in the travelodge down the road in about 5 minutes, and stayed there. 

I can't remember whether I was a couple of beers up at the time. Also you sometimes see strange things in the dark, patterns, people, but realise it's nothing.

Strange that I never experienced it again I guess.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I remember I had to go to kitchen late at night and didn't feel like switching on loads of lights so just put my headlamp on and used that to light up the dark house. Whilst I was making drink using headlamp to see kettle I thought to myself if someone walked past the window now and saw me inside like this they might think that I'm a burglar and just as I was having that thought by what seemed like some incredible coincident, especially as it was the dead of night someone walked past window with an headlamp on, I paniced in that moment and quickly ducked, obvously because I'd just been associating headlamp with a burglar when I saw one go past the window in that split second it gave me a fright, but then I heard a clink of glass and some whistling, the clink of glass made me realise it was just the milkman, so I got up again, but took off headlamp.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, useless said:

I remember I had to go to kitchen late at night and didn't feel like switching on loads of lights so just put my headlamp on and used that to light up the dark house. Whilst I was making drink using headlamp to see kettle I thought to myself if someone walked past the window now and saw me inside like this they might think that I'm a burglar and just as I was having that thought by what seemed like some incredible coincident, especially as it was the dead of night someone walked past window with an headlamp on, I paniced in that moment and quickly ducked, obvously because I'd just been associating headlamp with a burglar when I saw one go past the window in that split second it gave me a fright, but then I heard a clink of glass and some whistling, the clink of glass made me realise it was just the milkman, so I got up again, but took off headlamp.

You either drive to your kitchen, or you mean torch?😂

I've just googled headlamp and I mean headlamp. I used to wear one to read at night, as if reading at night before going to sleep, it's easier to just switch off, rather than having to walk across room to turn main light off.

• Like 1

On 30/03/2023 at 06:46, Seat68 said:

I use a headlamp when I walk the dog at night. 

Most people use a lead. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got some old Big Breakfast clips recommended to me on YouTube. Makes me nostalgic for a time when life was more fun. Is it me, or does everyone take themselves too seriously now?

I know he is a divisive character, but Vaughan was excellent as a host. Cox lovely as well. 

I guess this around 97 or 98? I always used to watch a bit of BB before I went to college / work.

12 minutes ago, Chindie said:

St. Margaret's in Great Barr is another mental institution that became a housing development.

And Monyhull in Kings Norton/Heath.

• Like 1

Â