Keith Wyness

villan-scott

30 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Had to dig down a few pages to find this thread which says a lot about Wyness.

Since his arrival he has kept a fairly low profile, exceptional low profile compared to our enigmatic owner, yet I get the feeling he is playing a huge role at the club.

There appears to be a quiet efficiency at VP in all aspects of the club at the moment and some real progress in a lot of aspects and I think his persona and experience have had a big part to play in that.

He should have a fairly clear plan of action in place given his previous experience at what is/was a comparable club in pretty much all aspects.

Whilst I don't believe that you always have to bring people in for jobs (wider context, not just football related) that they have direct experience of performing previously I think we can all agree that it was required for us considering the magnitude of the work that needed to be done.

Sadly, this was not just the case this summer alone, I wonder how much better life might have been all round had RL appointed the right people to run the club for him from early during his tenure? 

Recruitment/hiring is not an exact science, there's pretty much always a leap of faith element to it, irrespective of how strong a fit they are on paper but I never did and certainly don't today have any faith in RL's ability to identify good talent and for the right roles.

Dr T appears far more business savvy and, coming from a cut-throat, over subscribed business community like China should therefore be more adept at identifying the people he and we need......hopefully. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There was a really good article i read earlier today in the Birmingham Mail about what Wyness is doing for Villa.

errrrr, if anyone can find it online and post it that would be great!

sorry for the useless post!

Edited by ender4

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Come on then! let's see your balls

I wonder what his thoughts are at the moment?  Stick or twist.   

Am i right in thinking he always stuck with Moyes when Moyes had the bad seasons finishing 17th?   Or was he not at Everton at that point?

I must say,  he has been very low key since he arrived. Possibly the genius of Dr Tony. He's everywhere,  feeding the press,  all over social media. Meanwhile the people who are actually running the club day to day are free to just get on with the tasks I hand uninterrupted and out of the limelight. 

On 6 September 2016 at 21:14, Grasshopper said:

From Lerner and the fakers

to Dr X and the professionals

Via Steven Hollis

I salute you Sir Steven Dr X and King Keith.

Premature to brand them as such. 

These professionals managed to pick RDM out of all the possible candidates available. Somehow they decided he'd be the best man to pick a massive club like ours up from it's malaise. Given the league we're in, and the money we've spent, he could end up being the worst out of recent spate of horrendously inept managers.

I wonder why he was allowed to go unsupervised with £60M which has resulted in the squad being unbalanced. And if he was supervised, how have they, as a collective, left us lacking in key areas!? 

And what is Little's remit and Steve Round's!? Why was Round not appointed until the 1st of September? And if he was overseeing things before the official announcement...what the **** has he been doing!? And why was Reilly allowed to waft around the club for so long.

This isn't just a failure of RDM's. This is a failure of those making decisions above him. They're currently showing themselves to be no better than the previous clowns. 

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

I guessing a chat it just around the corner! 

Maybe not crisis talks but more of a bring me up to speed with what the **** is going on chap! 

Interesting to see who makes the football decisions regarding the manager - does rdm report to wyness now or Steve round?

KW isn't missed at Everton - and being stuck with his (at first) temporary right hand so far - the joke that is suntan Bob, that says a lot.

He's great at spinning the press, though. I've written it before - his online presence/wiki seems to have been written by the man himself.

10 minutes ago, AndyGray1985 said:

KW isn't missed at Everton - and being stuck with his (at first) temporary right hand so far - the joke that is suntan Bob, that says a lot.

He's great at spinning the press, though. I've written it before - his online presence/wiki seems to have been written by the man himself.

Why so against him?

11 minutes ago, AndyGray1985 said:

Don't get the temporary right hand, and suntan bob bit ? 

On 21/09/2016 at 11:52, hippo said:

Don't get the temporary right hand, and suntan bob bit ? 

His Marketing manager was appointed acting CEO when he left very suddenly. In the end he was made CEO because of lack of funds and imagination. His name is Robert Elstone and is affectionately know as suntan bob as he's been attending the school of Tanning rather than the school of planning. He will very likely be disposed of soon now we seem to have a more commercial savvy board and an owner who dares to act on incompetence.

Keith Wyness left very abruptly, is the only factual thing I'm allowed to post on here.

Some inspiration can be found here:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/no-crisis-everton-over-keith-3482382

For the past 18 months at least, Wyness’ sole focus has been driving forward the plans behind the hugely controversial move to Kirkby and he has been increasingly marginalised with regards to football matters.

If you are looking for an example, cast your mind back seven short days to the story which this newspaper carried regarding Fulham having a multi-million pound bid accepted for Andrew Johnson.

When news spread, Wyness did himself no favours by stating that a bid had not been accepted, nor were discussions going on, when that wasn’t the case. He subsequently ended up losing credibility among supporters who were already highly sceptical after a similar episode with Thomas Gravesen in January 2005.

Don’t, though, believe for one minute that Wyness’ departure leaves the club in disarray and incapable of making any deals for new players. The opposite is true and Bill Kenwright and David Moyes will carry on with business as usual.

Edited by blandy
extract added
  • Like 1

I'm not going to read too much into Everton fans' comments on Wyness after leaving them, as most of them have been very uncomplimentary about Moyes since he left, whereas any neutral could see with the budget he had his record there was very good, excluding the Cups (bar one year where he got to the FA Cup Final).

• Like 1

Well that's convenient. How do you know my views on Moyes?

The Samuelson topic now locked for debate - I hope you get more from the two than we did, as I genuinely care about Villa. But I know a lot more about the ongoings at EFC than you and the average fan - notwithstanding the evident flaws in your argument.

• Like 1

I think what's striking is that just by having an apparently compotent CEO in place the huge underlying issues at the club have been exposed and addressed. You really have to wonder what kind of management the club had throughout the lerner era and be mystified at just how clueless Lerner was. He ran us into the ground and now we have to pick up the shattered remains. That's his legacy, and a pretty shit club badge too.  

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

Â