Steve Clarke

brommy

• 2 months later...

I thought he was supposed to be coaching our defenders in defending?

They look no better that last season which I thought plumbed the depths of dreadful.

52 minutes ago, Harry said:

I thought he was supposed to be coaching our defenders in defending?

They look no better that last season which I thought plumbed the depths of dreadful.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. 

Lets not be to quick to judge the guy, he's widely respected as a great coach. This lot are just sh#t. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. 

Lets not be to quick to judge the guy, he's widely respected as a great coach. This lot are just sh#t. 

I really do hope you are right and I agree SC is a great coach particularly in defence as his years at Chelsea proved.

I suppose I expected to see some little glimmer but obviously not. Richards for example is a dreadful defender whoever coaches him.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I really do hope you are right and I agree SC is a great coach particularly in defence as his years at Chelsea proved.

I suppose I expected to see some little glimmer but obviously not. Richards for example is a dreadful defender whoever coaches him.

I honestly would go as far as to say that Richards is uncoachable, he simply hasn't got the intelligence or discipline to play at CB. Throw Okore, Baker, and Alan Hutton into the equation and its no wonder we are shambles.

Teach the centre backs to hold their position, all 3 of them last night were caught out moving out too far leaving us exposed, a bit of help from the midfield would of helped but still they need stay in position as there's no danger on the halfway line.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Was excited by this appointment but it seems not having much impact

Me too but it just goes to show you that we never really know if an assistant manager is any good. If the team wins then it's assumed he's doing a good job or he gets reputation as a good coach but in reality fans will never know the truth. Also Clarke was poor as a manager himself like alot of assistants who made the jump. Looks to me like a guy who's living off a reputation earned off the back of Mourinho's success at Chelsea and Mourinho was the brains of that operation. 

• Like 2

I’d be careful not to be too harsh here. The buck stops with the manager. We don’t know if Clarke is putting ideas to RDM and he is acting on them or totally disregarding them.

I think it was suggested Clarke's strength would be in sorting out the defence. We have conceded 10 goals in 10 games. That isn’t where the main issue is for me. The issue is in our tendency to sit way too deep and inviting teams onto us. Something that was confined to the arse end of games but now we seem to be starting games in that fashion.

One thing I will say for Clarke is that at least he has a fair bit of managerial experience so he can step up temporarily when RDM gets the boot.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

One thing I will say for Clarke is that at least he has a fair bit of managerial experience so he can step up temporarily when RDM gets the boot.

There you go

at the worst 10 games = 2 wins 1 loss rest draws would be an improvement, shouldnt be difficult even with our incomplete squad.

Has Clarke ever had a managers job which he took, like our situation?

Â