Steve Clarke

brommy

After triple checking the correct spelling, I think our new Assistant Manager deserves his own thread.

Steve Clarke should be a good appointment and has the right experience. Only time and VT opinions will tell.

Currently, Clarke's appointment is pure speculation, even though the BBC states otherwise, thus -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36435484

Di Matteo, who won the Champions League with Chelsea in 2012, will be assisted by former Blues team-mate Steve Clarke.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

This will probably get locked until confirmed on the OS.

Great addition though!

Since 'Remy' was appointed, I'm sure the Mods won't mind if we help the OS with a bit of 'copy and paste'.

31 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don't mind Di Matteo but he doesn't strike me as the kind of person that would take a baseball bat to Joleons knees. Clarke does. Good addition.

:clap::clap::clap:

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yeah he is a good choice, Mourinho had a lot of faith in him and think he will help organise us at the back

And I kinda think we need that given our calamitous defence last season. Mind you shipping out Richards and Lescott will be major step in the right direction there.

This is such a good appointment in so many ways. He is one of the most respected number 2s. I am suprised he was willing to go back as a number 2. I think these two could really work wonderfully well together. Hopefully the good times will be coming back soon. 

One of the best assistant coaches in the English leagues (if you believe the press). An excellent appointment and much beeter than I though we'd get, and much better than Eric ****** Black.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

This is such a good appointment in so many ways. He is one of the most respected number 2s. I am suprised he was willing to go back as a number 2. I think these two could really work wonderfully well together. Hopefully the good times will be coming back soon. 

I'm not surprised that he went back to that because management didn't really suit him. He's a coup for us though, no doubt about that.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Crap manager but seemed to have a lot of good press on his work as a No.2

Always need an assistant manager with healthy bowels I say. 

• Like 1

I've always weirdly felt he'd do a good job here if we'd appointed him as manager. Of course given how frequently number 2s take over as we've just seen with the awful Black he could do that in the future.

He wasn't that terrible as manager. West Brom had a very good first season under him, finished top half and 2nd season they sacked him when they were what 14th, same as RDM, where did Pulis just finish this season again...

Just good to have a credible and respected number 2 at the club for once rather than jobs for the boys like Wilkins, Karsa, Culverhouse and Grant.

Â