1 minute ago, Richard said:

Excellent appointment and in many respects in this position (as assistant) I am happier with this than with RDM

Yeah, me too. It's the pairing that's (hopefully) the good thing, but decent coaching is something that seems to have been lacking for a long time and Clarke is a proven excellent coach.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Richard said:

Excellent appointment and in many respects in this position (as assistant) I am happier with this than with RDM

Yeah this is where I sit at them moment. I have a few doubts about RDM mainly due to him not having had to tackle such a massive re-build before, and not having stayed in any particluar job for long enough to show that he can rebuild a squad to the extent that ours needs overhauling. However, I feel more confident in RDM's ability  than I did this time last year with Sherwood in charge, I never thought he was the man to let loose with Benteke money.

Clarke coming in, has given me a bit more confidence in RDM though, a good manager needs a good team around him and hopefully Clarke is the first part of that good team. Hopefully the two of them can form a good duo, and with some good scouting can turn around the squad fairly sharpish.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This backroom team has quite good pedigree doesn't it? encouraging!

It is very promising reading isn't it? 

Clearly the end of Black, Parks and Duverne. All direct replacements plus an additional coach with Bond. Wonder if he is keeping Cowans on board for the U21's or not? 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

It is very promising reading isn't it? 

Clearly the end of Black, Parks and Duverne. All direct replacements plus an additional coach with Bond. Wonder if he is keeping Cowans on board for the U21's or not? 

Was there not some controversy with Bond when he was under Redknapp or maybe it was when he was a Newcastle.  He had to leave over it.

People were saying that we're starting look like a football club again and it's what Randy should have done years ago, last year when Fox, Almstade and others joined.

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â