Chris Samuelson

hippo

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think he was looking for facts to back up the wild accusations that he's the actual owner and Xia is just a front man. 

Sounds like something Shelley Ozzy might conjure up in one of her wilder moments. 

Edit - that and these two other bids. 

Think we're probably also after evidence that Samuelson has ever actually done anything wrong. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Godders said:

Think we're probably also after evidence that Samuelson has ever actually done anything wrong. 

would be nice if you could find something he has done right within a football club?

i think some villa fans are so desperate to be the next man city or chelsea they are willing to accept anything that dr xia says as gospal

10 hours ago, backofthenet said:

Wow well I can see I'm in the minority about having concerns about who is gonna be running our football club, will use have to wait an see if I'm still in the minority in a years time especially if we don't get promoted first time

I don't understand what getting promoted first time has anything to do with his credentials :(

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, matteyp said:

Sounds like he wants to run a club, which he will do now.  At least he's enthusiastic, I just hope he is good now he has the reins.

As far as I can tell, he's on the board of the holding company, presumably as a facilitator for purchasing the other clubs which will make up the group. I'm basing this on what I've read about him, the PR from the new regime and his previous involvements with football. He's there for his contacts.

I don't think he'll be involved with the Villa part of the business as he appears to have no skills in that area.

10 minutes ago, matteyp said:

Sounds like he wants to run a club, which he will do now.  At least he's enthusiastic, I just hope he is good now he has the reins.

And this concerns me.

He is a financier. He moves money about and facilitates the buying of clubs by rich investors.

So his work is done. Why does he need a seat on the board? Why does banfill? What are their credentials for successfully running a football club?

I'm not accusing him of wrong doing, I just can't see what he gains from staying involved, other than a guaranteed income.

1 hour ago, backofthenet said:

chris samuelson moves money around for a living, not beyond the realms of possibility he could move money from one bank account to another without xia owing any of it, there is no doubt RECON group exists but the wealth of the company is completely unknown

I don't question he can move money from one bank account to another. Where would he have moved it from is the question? I doubt very much he has access to this sort of amount of money or indeed has any acquaintances who would allow such a thing to happen. Seems more than far fetched to me. 

14 minutes ago, backofthenet said:

would be nice if you could find something he has done right within a football club?

i think some villa fans are so desperate to be the next man city or chelsea they are willing to accept anything that dr xia says as gospal

He has very limited experience in terms of working within a football club and that came as a director at Reading for a couple of years.

I can understand yours and others reservations. I don't think you will find many Villa fans who are willing to accept what Tony Xia says as gospel though. I'm yet to come across one and the over riding feeling I get from Villa fans on here and elsewhere is one of cautious optimism.

Of course this could all go tits up, or it could go fantastically well or most likely somewhere in between but bottom line is who knows. We'd all be guessing. Until proven otherwise though surely the best thing to do is give anyone involved the benefit of the doubt and allow them at least a few months at the club before attempting to pass judgement.

Whatever the reason he's here, there's nothing we can actually do about it. So it's probably best not to worry (too much) until he actually gives us something to worry about. As I said my guess is that he's here to help with Recon buying other football clubs.

19 minutes ago, backofthenet said:

So here are my arguments re Samuelson:

Firstly, In our society, everyone is always assumed to be innocent unless they're proven otherwise. Samuelson has never been proven guilty of any wrongdoing. Therefore, Samuelson is assumed to be innocent of any wrongdoing. 

Secondly, although Samuelson has been involved in some financing schemes of clubs that have fallen through, there is no evidence that he acted inappropriately in any of these deals. There are articles, blogs, fan forums etc that link Samuelson to these deals, but none of these provide any evidence as to how Samuelson himself screwed these clubs over. I would also hazard a guess that these are all biased in that they'd be written by folks with links to the club, as opposed to an independent view from outside the parties involved. Therefore, we cannot reasonably assume, based on what Google tells us about these deals, that Samuelson acted inappropriately. Therefore, we cannot reasonably assume that Samuelson is acting inappropriately now. 

Thirdly, the article you posted this afternoon links Samuelson to a deal with Everton. You've intimated that the content of this article suggested he acted inappropriately (as per my argument above, you can't draw that conclusion from the article). That article states that Wyness was CEO of Everton when Samuelson came on board. If Samuelson acted inappropriately with Everton, why is Wyness willing to work with Samuelson now?

As you can see, I'm not "so desperate to be the next Man City or Chelsea..." as you suggest, but I've reached my conclusion through consideration and reasoning.

You seem to be an intelligent chap who's done his homework on Samuelson, so I'm sure you've reached your conclusions that Samuelson is only here to screw AVFC over through careful consideration and reasoning as well. Would you care to share your conclusions in support of your stance and the facts you've used to arrive at them?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, backofthenet said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of doubt, but you need to base it on something credible. You question who is in charge, only days after Xia proves that he is and that he has the funds to the FA. By all means, keep yer distance and stay doubtful, but the longer you do that, in the face of some credible facts then it just whiffs of a grudge against a chinese owner. 

• Like 1

Yet to hear anything positive about Samuelson in regards to football or running anything which has me feeling cautious. Everything else coming out of the club regarding the takeover has been great.

6 hours ago, Hornso said:

Yet to hear anything positive about Samuelson in regards to football or running anything which has me feeling cautious. Everything else coming out of the club regarding the takeover has been great.

A few have suggested that his job is not related to football activities in any way. Much like my HR director has nothing to do with building acquisition.

I guarantee as Vice-Chairman he will have very little to do with the day to day running of the club. He will function *similar* to Hollis in that he might be rubber stamping a few things in Xia's absence, but its primarily a way for him to sit on a company board and benefit financially without doing very much. His long term goal will either be either benefiting from the sale of the club, or selling his stake to another investor.

7 minutes ago, mwj said:

I guarantee as Vice-Chairman he will have very little to do with the day to day running of the club. He will function *similar* to Hollis in that he might be rubber stamping a few things in Xia's absence, but its primarily a way for him to sit on a company board and benefit financially without doing very much. His long term goal will either be either benefiting from the sale of the club, or selling his stake to another investor.

Actually your last sentence (if true) would suggest he would have quite a big influence.