Chris Samuelson

hippo

33 minutes ago, mwj said:

Well I see RNS announcements almost daily from small to mid caps about Directors exercising options but then again they are traded publicly. You're probably right, Xia's just going to give him a big wad of cash at the end of it, and it'll disappear into some Swiss bank account never to be seen again :) 

That's up to Samuelson. If I was him I'd spend it on something nice :) 

2 minutes ago, meme said:

Neither has Wyness, but he has the board tag.

Perhaps Wyness has been given 'the benefit of the doubt' as, from the look of him, it may be a while before he is declared 'fit'.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meme said:

Why is this still on 'Speculation' tag? Should really be changed to Board.

There's a report button for things like this. There's been an official club statement about Wyness, but not about Samuelson.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, useless said:

Interesting interview with Samuelson, on the India project.

I find this very strange, he saying there are 8 teams in the Indian league? How is this going to benefit us?

I think it's the millions of people watching those teams that we will benefit us, especially if we can have one of them adopt the Villa name, or start a new club under the Villa monica. And as Samuelson says in the interview the league is going to extend to ten clubs and I presume there's scope for it to expand further too.

He's Head of Global Developments at Recon Sports, who's registered address is Villa park. In the video I posted he talks about either buying/part buying or setting up a new club in India and specifically mentions the Delhi Dynamos.

according to Companies House  he is Commercial Director at Recon Sports

He and Wyness were removed as Directors on 16th June and then reappointed as Directors on 20th July , it's probably just some paper shuffling rather than anything strange going on ?

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Samuelson has left the club completely - not of his own choice apparently.

I was having a conversation with someone this week who told me Chris Samuelson has left Aston Villa.

The former Reading director was due to be named on the board at Villa Park after Tony Xia’s takeover.

He was originally named as a director on the club’s website - but his name then vanished, with reports instead claiming he had been appointed as head of Recon Sports LTD - the parent company with an office address registered to Villa Park.

But from what I understand he has now left completely - and it wasn’t his choice. What a shame!

'I was having a conversation with someone this week who told me Chris Samuelson has left Aston Villa.

The former Reading director was due to be named on the board at Villa Park after Tony Xia’s takeover.

He was originally named as a director on the club’s website - but his name then vanished, with reports instead claiming he had been appointed as head of Recon Sports LTD - the parent company with an office address registered to Villa Park.

But from what I understand he has now left completely - and it wasn’t his choice. What a shame!'

Get Reading

He was still working for Recon Sports, as shown in the video posted above. The article I posted just claims that he's now left Recon as well. Although it does seem a bit flimsy with it's information.