Chris Samuelson

hippo

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Why do you put such trust in the fit and proper tests?

There are a number of very high-profile cases which prove it to be nothing more than a money collecting exercise for the F.A. whilst being incredibly bad deals for the clubs themselves.

Whilst I'm not that bothered by this whole take-over (It'll either work, or it won't), I do find it funny how you constantly jump on people's posts who (quite rightfully) are asking questions of a seemingly increasingly odd collection of people who are trying to become Villa's sole owners.

My point is, stop being so dismissive and passive aggressive to people, when you have just as much of a clue (i.e. none) as those who question the deal.  What's in it for you?  So you can say "I told you so" when we sign Messi and everything is great?

One-upmanship on a whole new level.

Yes all of the above, I win.

I dunno what is going on in this thread, I don't really know who Chris Samuelson is and I'm not sure how much of an influence he will have on Dr.X's plans but....

He's not Randy so...

debNePf.gif

Just now, PieFacE said:

I dunno what is going on in this thread, I don't really know who Chris Samuelson is and I'm not sure how much of an influence he will have on Dr.X's plans but....

He's not Randy so...

debNePf.gif

Well hes to be our deputy chairman. and brokered a deal which ended up with the owner of reading doing a bunk - and leaving the club in administration. Hes been under investigation by a couple of Government's for money laundering. Make your own mind up - he could have more of say in how Aston Villa is run than Dr x - depending on how deep into his past you want to go.

Whatever your opinions - I don't think samuelson cab be dismissed as not relevant.

From my understanding as a Reading fan, Samuelson came in as the front man for the Russians when they took over but demanded to be on the board when they did so. 

He re-financed us by getting a loan from Vibrac in order to pay wages, and when he left (booted out) we were left with a huge bill just for dealing with them and for trying to close the account (we never even needed Vibrac)

He tried to come back with an American consortium, and although they were a lot wealthier than the Thais we have now, we chose the Thais over ever having this man involved in our club again.

There is too much smoke about Samuelson for there not to be some fire.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, RFC106 said:

From my understanding as a Reading fan, Samuelson came in as the front man for the Russians when they took over but demanded to be on the board when they did so. 

He re-financed us by getting a loan from Vibrac in order to pay wages, and when he left (booted out) we were left with a huge bill just for dealing with them and for trying to close the account (we never even needed Vibrac)

He tried to come back with an American consortium, and although they were a lot wealthier than the Thais we have now, we chose the Thais over ever having this man involved in our club again.

Great..

19 minutes ago, RFC106 said:

Hi mate welcome to the forum. How were Reading's finances at the time he took out that loan? Are you saying they borrowed money when they didn't need to?

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Hi mate welcome to the forum. How were Reading's finances at the time he took out that loan? Are you saying they borrowed money when they didn't need to?

We had just been relegated so had enough cash in the bank. I'm sure they borrowed money against the parachute payments from Vibrac, no one knows where the parachute payments went if I remember correctly.

Look, I personally don't trust him and his name is mud down our was as well as at Everton. I never trusted him the first time I saw him speak.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RFC106 said:

We had just been relegated so had enough cash in the bank. I'm sure they borrowed money against the parachute payments from Vibrac, no one knows where the parachute payments went if I remember correctly.

Look, I personally don't trust him and his name is mud down our was as well as at Everton. I never trusted him the first time I saw him speak.

Cheers for the info, sounds like Reading did a bit of a wonga loan there, but that Samuelson had an opportunity to line his pockets from selecting the loan company. I prey that our new owner doesn't turn to him for a loan!

Samuelson quite vocal and open about the Reading situation here - quite possible he has been identified as the villain of the piece, when maybe it was Zingarevich?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27735136

"Promotion to the top flight in 2012 earned the Royals an estimated £90m, with half of that money coming from television-related revenue, but they missed out on an immediate return to the Premier League this season.

Samuelson said their debt was "generated by the residue of being in the Premier League", and also revealed why Zingarevich had withdrawn his interest in the club.

"When Reading were promoted it had to rely on the resources it had," he said.

"It did not get any extra investment from Anton Zingarevich which had originally been expected. The only way to bolster the team was to borrow money. Loans were arranged and secured on Premier League payments.

"The hope was Anton would be able to arrange additional finance, which he said he would do. The club had hoped to move on some players which did not happen. Underneath the top tier of players the market was very dead last summer.

"Anton told me he had some issues of his own back in Russia and that is why he found himself in the awkward position of not having the money for the remaining 49% and the money to finance the team. There was a compromise agreement reached with his father Boris Zingarevich to help finance the club."

20 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Exactly, pretty much a case study as to why no one should put any stock into a prospective owner passing the damn thing. 

but we should put stock in what an internet chat forum think of him?

Just now, backofthenet said:

Did he not also pay himself or his company a fee for organising the loan?

Dunno - but it's quite usual for a director to be paid for their services if not part of their directorship. Just saying, if you read that whole article on the BBC site, Samuelson's role more than ever comes across as a financial advisor, albeit he clearly enjoys a position of power at a football club.

23 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Dunno - but it's quite usual for a director to be paid for their services if not part of their directorship. Just saying, if you read that whole article on the BBC site, Samuelson's role more than ever comes across as a financial advisor, albeit he clearly enjoys a position of power at a football club.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chris-samuelson-former-reading-fc-11355076

this article is the story, this guy wants power an the money

Edited by backofthenet

If Samuelson wasn't involved I think we'd all be a lot happier. Having him as part of the bid puts Dr. Tony in shady territory and just casts too much doubt over the whole affair. That's without him being on the board.

If he's just here to secure the incoming funds from China... fine. If he's working as some sort of middle man between Xia and Hollis then that's fine too. What worries me is if he's getting his foot in the door of the boardroom, and only out for himself through similar dodgy deals. 

Prove us wrong Samuelson! Til then there's plenty of smoke with a fire surely burning somewhere.

Samuelson's involvement does cause a few doubts. However - the Reading 'situation' doesn't seem to be the same as what we have here - specifically The Doctor has enough money not to need to borrow etc. Which eases my concern somewhat.