Chris Samuelson

hippo

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Sorry, what I meant was Chris Samuelson hasn't been brought on board just to help Tony wire his money to Randy. 

Apologies for going circular on you here, but he hasn't been bought onto "the board" yet. Discussing whatever role he might or might not have with our club moving forward is futile at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

he hasn't been bought onto "the board" yet. Discussing whatever role he might or might not have with our club moving forward is futile at the moment. 

Well, all the talk is futile in that sense.

Still a paper is reporting (yes, I know, papers..) that he will be executive Chairman. So it seems reasonable to discuss.

I'd be terrified if that were the case. A man who has no credible involvement in football, a man with a reputation as a serial associate of the sort of people who spend their time being investigated for, and accused of, various illegalities in the world of finance and money transfers.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

Well, all the talk is futile in that sense.

Still a paper is reporting (yes, I know, papers..) that he will be executive Chairman. So it seems reasonable to discuss.

I'd be terrified if that were the case. A man who has no credible involvement in football, a man with a reputation as a serial associate of the sort of people who spend their time being investigated for, and accused of, various illegalities in the world of finance and money transfers.

The Sun newspaper. 

I should have put IMO at the end, but I always assume that is a given. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The Sun newspaper. 

I should have put IMO at the end, but I always assume that is a given. 

Yeah, I know. Wouldn't wipe my ar...

My comment was really a kind of general thing - I always think that whenever anyone says "it's futile discussing...." on a messageboard, the sole purpose of which ( for about 95% of the time) is to provide people with a platform for discussing futile things...

• Like 1

Forgetting about his history with other football clubs for a second. What worries me a little, If you go by past rumours, he's potentially been part of 2 previous failed attempts to buy Villa already and now at the third attempt he's managed it (well currently involved rather than owns). Has he struck lucky finding someone with strong backing to work with or has he tried to go a different elaborate route to his previous attempts of getting hold of the club? Of course the other rumours might not be true or he might not have been involved but there's some mighty coincidences.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

After the cancer that RL goody two shoes riddled us with, wouldnt it be nice if we had that other nasty stinking cancer riddled throughout the club MONEY?

....its what I want......

just think of the spam song, substitute the spam with money and sing your heart out

18 hours ago, blandy said:

If, as I suspect, Dr. X is just a front man for chinese government involvment then we would need someone like Samuelsson who can move money around without any fuss. I don't think transparency will be Villa's way in the future but as long as the money flows then who cares.

Edited by villa89

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

If, as I suspect, Dr. X is just a front man for chinese government involvment then we would need someone like Samuelsson who can move money around without any fuss. I don't think transparency will be Villa's way in the future but as long as the money flows then who cares.

So long as the money does indeed flow............

...and we get the right manager(s) 

Im dubious on both counts.... Don't think we will see\hear much from Xia once the dust settles on this takeover....

35 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Obviously it is all opinion but I don't get think this is the case. The Chinese government for all their faults would be wary of involving someone like Samuelson given his reputation in the past particularly with Russia Oligarchs, money laundering investigations etc etc He is not very low profile. The Chinese like to keep things very discreet and this all seems to amateur for them to be involved. I just don't understand why there are so many inconsistencies. If Villa did due diligence many of these things could have been picked up easily. There in nothing in the Telegraph or FT articles that wasn't in the public domain.

The deal may well go through as at the moment there is doesn't seem to be any 'fit and proper' grounds for denial but I will still be wary. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I was just about to ask the same. I've read every post in this thread and I'm none the wiser.

He is going to be our executive chairman when/if the takeover is completed. Wyness will be our CEO. He was involved in the Reading takeover by that Russian oligarch that went totally tit's up. He is a Swiss financier who is involved with all sorts of dodgy dealings. The French government, the Dutch government and the FBI have all looked into him over allegations of money laundering, tax evasion, fraud on more than one occasion. He hides peoples wealth through offshore accounts and shell companies, always looking to make his cut regardless of what happens to others. When the shit hits the fan and others take the fall he has a knack of popping up somewhere else and the cycle continues. Personally I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, and I have reservations about him having any involvement with our football club.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Quick question for those most worried. If tony and his new board pass the fit and proper tests, will you let go of your  disaster theories?

As long as Chris Samuelson is involved I'll be worried. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Quick question for those most worried. If tony and his new board pass the fit and proper tests, will you let go of your  disaster theories?

Why do you put such trust in the fit and proper tests?

There are a number of very high-profile cases which prove it to be nothing more than a money collecting exercise for the F.A. whilst being incredibly bad deals for the clubs themselves.

Whilst I'm not that bothered by this whole take-over (It'll either work, or it won't), I do find it funny how you constantly jump on people's posts who (quite rightfully) are asking questions of a seemingly increasingly odd collection of people who are trying to become Villa's sole owners.

My point is, stop being so dismissive and passive aggressive to people, when you have just as much of a clue (i.e. none) as those who question the deal.  What's in it for you?  So you can say "I told you so" when we sign Messi and everything is great?

It seems like one-upmanship on a whole new level.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 2