Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Oh come off it. 

The Lichfield Road Dual Carriageway is virtually adjacent to the ground. There is massive industrial parks all around Villa Park, Brookvale Road is a big road used to serve Atlas Industrial Estate.  

And were talking about 25,000 less than Old Trafford, that's like like sticking The Hawthorns right on top of new Villa Park.  And they have no mainline trains that take thousands away. 

This argument is nonsense as many have already said, the transport plan was accepted by the planners.  They've done their calculations and were happy with it. 

Whatever mate, after every game it always takes an hour at least to get to the M6. On the several times I've been to Old Trafford, it's much, much easier to get away from.

4 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

It is all so weird  why are we pausing when we have what we want

Maybe the plan is simply to delay for one season in case we get Champions League to make the most of it, then still have time to get it done for 2028?  It's all clear as mud.

2 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Heck’s gamble has paid off and BCC have caved in and offered to pay to upgrade the station. Now to announce the North stand project is back on…

The BCC continue to not be involved in any way with the station.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

And they have no mainline trains that take thousands away. 

The tram does though and the buses are timed ready and waiting and very frequent. At VP there’s 2 stations, but not enough trains and not enough carriages and the buses don’t seem coordinated in the way they are at other grounds like Man City and United. Whether VP is embiggened or not, the public transit could be way better.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, blandy said:

The tram does though and the buses are timed ready and waiting and very frequent. At VP there’s 2 stations, but not enough trains and not enough carriages and the buses don’t seem coordinated in the way they are at other grounds like Man City and United. Whether VP is embiggened or not, the public transit could be way better.

100 odd people per tram. 500-600 per train. Train every 10 minutes in each direction JUST at Aston plus trains at Witton, I'm not sure how frequent they are. 

That's an enormous difference in public transport. 

Buses are being sorted as part of the submitted transport plan. 

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

100 odd people per tram. 500-600 per train. Train every 10 minutes in each direction JUST at Aston plus trains at Witton, I'm not sure how frequent they are. 

That's an enormous difference in public transport. 

Buses are being sorted as part of the submitted transport plan. 

Admittedly I’ve never counted the people getting on, but the Tram from memory, seemed a lot bigger than 100 odd people [rdit. Just looked it up and it’s over 400 people capacity for a doubled up tram and every 6 minutes, plus 2 different lines] and more frequent than the trains from Aston or Witton. The queues by the cricket ground go down faster than those at Aston Station.

But regardless of Manchester’s system, for Villa Park and any redevelopment, whether part of the planning permission or not, it needs sorting out.

• Like 2

The station is good news even though we're not going to be significantly improving our capacity - it'll take some of the pressure off the existing transport issues and that tunnel at the end of Station Road is something of a mini game changer - it brings the new academy buildings into play on matchday by cutting off the long walk from the front, down to Witton Island and then the ground and means that they'll be able to use it for the stuff they do in the warehouse on matchdays now or for additional hospitality - the cake might be gone, but at least we're still getting a little cherry.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

at least we're still getting a little cherry

Hmm. A business case has to be put forward and approved before anything happens. Don’t count your chickens. 

• Like 1

How many trains actually stop at Witton? I assume nowhere near as frequent at Aston. 

Interestingly, if we could go back to the days of football specials you could run trains in both directions from Witton (and Aston for that matter) back into New Street as there is a loop which takes trains back into New Street from the other side. 

And as an aside people saying there aren't enough carriages, the new Class 730 trains about to start service on the cross city line have a huge uplift in capacity, the new fleet will actually DOUBLE the capacity of the line. So you'll see significantly more people being able to board each train that calls at Aston. 

That said it's my experience that many trains already leave Aston with plenty of unfilled seats because of poor organisation at the station. 

Many people still don't move properly down the platform. 

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

Hmm. A business case has to be put forward and approved before anything happens. Don’t count your chickens. 

It will get through, there will be some kind of fund for the Euro's for a start. 

53 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That said it's my experience that many trains already leave Aston with plenty of unfilled seats because of poor organisation at the station. 

Many people still don't move properly down the platform. 

Not any more, I travel towards Lichfield after the game and the train is at the platform for a good 3-4 minutes before it departs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

It's practically impossible to get a bus to or from villa park which makes the trains crazy busy. You'd think you'd run like 5/6 buses every 10 minutes for like an hour after the game to clear the people. 

And have them go all around the city I should be clear. 

Edited by MotoMkali

Â