Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

But what if we go with the other half?!????!?!  “Why’s that bloke just done that? So who’s winning again? Can we go to the shops afterwards and get those other curtains ? Oh you never pay attention to me !” … never said my wife ever… 

Or with a small child.  “Yes Daddy! Aston Villa kicked the ball!!!”

• Haha 1

If we are stuck with the North Stand for the foreseeable, I hope we're at least going to tart it up a bit. Give the outside a good jet wash, as well as refurbishing the concourses, because as pleased as I'll be to see VP used for the euros, I'll be absolutely embarrassed to think of a visiting international fan's impression of Aston Villa being spending a match in the lower north stand.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spiezels said:

Its nowhere near the middle of manchester 

Oh sure. It's on the outskirts with dual carriageway roads spreading out in all directions. Hardly any traffic at all round Stretford. 

It's 2.4 miles from St Peter's Square. 

Villa Park is 3.6 miles away from Victoria Square with a motorway immediately adjacent.  It's almost rural compared to Old Trafford. 

The transport argument is complete nonsense. 

• Like 1

On the transport issue it'll be interesting to see what impact this new Transport Manager for the club can have. I feel like so many of the problems could be solved but putting in place some simple rules for matchdays only. 

For example where we come off the motorway on to Victoria road there is always miles of tail backs. Massive reason for that is people turning right at the traffic lights which basically means one car and go through the lights on each green light. A simple rule like no right turn on match days would make that whole section work so much better. 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I've said it many many times. New stadium makes no economic sense. Birmingham is not London. People look at what Spurs did and that was because being in London they can make a lot more from their stadium and match days, corporate tickets. 

Evertons Stadium is a disaster and a stupid idea funded by Russian oligarchy money. 

Our best guide is Liverpool and Anfield. Incremental improvements and expansion. 

Also remember, Spurs got to use Wembley while their stadium was built on site of old. Arsenal built theirs right next to their old one and as Islington is a wealthy area of London could turn the old site into expensive apartments and sell. West Ham were gifted a big stadium for nothing. 

• Like 2

We've just partnered with U.S. investment firm Atairos capital investment who "will primarily be used to fund growth and infrastructure investments"
So basically Atairos will fund our new stadium aka the Infrastructure. This is how I read the statement.

Edited by Pongo Waring

20 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

We've just partnered with U.S. investment firm Atairos capital investment who "will primarily be used to fund growth and infrastructure investments"
So basically Atairos will fund our new stadium aka the Infrastructure. This is how I read the statement.

Atarios are going to help with the Media side as they have strategic partners with Comcast, NBC & Sky. The latter two own Premier League rights in US and UK. I hope that Villa content is made for those platforms. The cash they invested will be used on infrastructure and growing our brand.

• Like 1

Interesting timing that the "super league" ban was ruled unlawful today and the uefa/FIFA aren't able to prevent clubs joining other competitions today. Could NSWE be waiting to see how that plays out before ploughing money into the stadium?

• Like 1

So either the announcement next week is that we have totally binned it off, or we are going for a cheap and cheerful Doug special option?

Ripping out and making the DE a corporate stand with a cheapo North Stand with minimal corporate  could be an option? Woild be the wrong move though.

So Any alternative plans would need a consultation, application to the council, etc which would waste at least a year and put hosting the euros a major doubt.

So confused by the communication by the club at the moment, it really is amateur hour.

Edited by The Fun Factory

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Oh sure. It's on the outskirts with dual carriageway roads spreading out in all directions. Hardly any traffic at all round Stretford. 

Villa Park is 3.6 miles away from Victoria Square with a motorway immediately adjacent.  It's almost rural compared to Old Trafford. 

Ok boomer

Or Villa Park is 2.6 miles away from New Street and Old Trafford is 2.9 miles way from Picawilly

• Like 2

Old Trafford is on the edge of an industrial estate used to dealing with a high volume of traffic with three main A roads two minutes away. It's not surrounded by narrow Victorian streets like Villa Park is, that are are all mostly two narrow for two large modern cars to pass comfortably. Last time I went to Old Trafford (when we beat them 1-0 under Smith) I was back him in Leicester in less time than it usually takes me from Birmingham. Being close to the M^ is all well and good for Villa, but getting to it is a bloody nightmare.

1 hour ago, spiezels said:

Ok boomer

What's boomer about that? 

The geography and traffic flow as around the 2 stadiums are almost identical. You don't need to eat large quantities of gammon and suffer from gout to understand that. 

Strange insult. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Risso said:

Old Trafford is on the edge of an industrial estate used to dealing with a high volume of traffic with three main A roads two minutes away. It's not surrounded by narrow Victorian streets like Villa Park is, that are are all mostly two narrow for two large modern cars to pass comfortably. Last time I went to Old Trafford (when we beat them 1-0 under Smith) I was back him in Leicester in less time than it usually takes me from Birmingham. Being close to the M^ is all well and good for Villa, but getting to it is a bloody nightmare.

Oh come off it. 

The Lichfield Road Dual Carriageway is virtually adjacent to the ground. There is massive industrial parks all around Villa Park, Brookvale Road is a big road used to serve Atlas Industrial Estate.  

And were talking about 25,000 less than Old Trafford, that's like like sticking The Hawthorns right on top of new Villa Park.  And they have no mainline trains that take thousands away. 

This argument is nonsense as many have already said, the transport plan was accepted by the planners.  They've done their calculations and were happy with it. 

Â