Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

2 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

The same applied with the new Holte. Demolished May 1994, had fans in the new lower tier for the Inter game on 29 September. 

I can't get my head around this two year timeline for the new North.

Because Stadia has completely moved on in the nearly 3 decades since the Holte was rebuilt? That was just a large stand with a bit of frilly brickwork added on.

The new north stand is going to be a mass corporate money-making machine with some seats thrown in.

Plus the current stand is going to  be  big effort to demolish and all of the cabling to be removed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Because Stadia has completely moved on in the nearly 3 decades since the Holte was rebuilt? That was just a large stand with a bit of frilly brickwork added on.

The new north stand is going to be a mass corporate money-making machine with some seats thrown in.

Plus the current stand is going to  be  big effort to demolish and all of the cabling to be removed.

And it will be brickwork as well which takes longer than jjst massive **** off sheets of metal and glass or just a concrete exterior. 

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

And it will be brickwork as well which takes longer than jjst massive **** off sheets of metal and glass or just a concrete exterior. 

It's probably brick effect cladding panels, a panel with narrow bricks on the exterior, not a massive difference to fit. 

I think its probably the amount of groundworks needed coupled with a far more complicated interior. 

• Like 1

I think the time will be mostly about services and groundworks and preparations - from day one of construction to the actual start of demolition of the existing stand could be several months. It's a big piece of work - everything from the edge of the pitch to the back garden fences at the rear of the car park will be worked on.

• Like 1

Can you imagine a future Villa Park with a new North Stand and a new Witton Lane Stand (along the lines of the current Trinity)?  I think the Trinity holds about 13k but a lot of the middle tier is given to press, commentary, corporate etc. I think the current redevelopment is going to add some seats in the current  Trinity when they take out the Tunnel etc. Replicating the scale of the Trinity Road Stand on the other side could easily get to a 15-16k stand I reckon which would be about 6k more than the current witton.

I know this would be a massive undertaking given the road, houses etc but one can dream!

Edited by Captain_Townsend

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Short of buying houses and rerouting roads, there's more much more we can do currently

Like they did when they built the existing Witton Lane stand when there was much less money in the game?

On 11/12/2023 at 20:24, Sulberto21 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but when Man Utd had their expansion of the north stand in 95/96 I’m sure they didn’t have away fans in whilst the stand was being built? 

You’re forgetting the one rule for some rules. Although you may well be factually correct in this case. 

Edited by DaveAV1

56 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Like they did when they built the existing Witton Lane stand when there was much less money in the game?

Yeah, I'm saying that is all we could do to expand much beyond what we have.  I don't know much about the people in those houses, and they probably all have their price,  but I'm not in favour of a compulsory purchase order to kick them out. Its just not something I see happening easily, or any time soon. 

The current model in the states is the get more $$$ from less so I wouldn’t envisage there being any real push to raise the capacity to fully meet demand. It’s better to have a waiting list than empty seats. They’ll look to squeeze more £££ per seat first and foremost. 

I do think they maybe they could’ve been more ambitious with the capacity as the new and similarly designed Anfield Road end seats 16,000. 

On 11/12/2023 at 19:04, jayEm said:

Two whole seasons to build the new stand seems quite a long time?

The major plant such as cranes that are needed are already booked by other major projects. Such as HS2. So you have to wait for availability. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The major plant such as cranes that are needed are already booked by other major projects. Such as HS2. So you have to wait for availability. 

For things you wonder about, but how is it that a 60 million nation with a clear link to Europe doesn't have access to cranes is almost beyond me. 

Can't you just call "Big French Cranes Company LTD" and use those?

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

For things you wonder about, but how is it that a 60 million nation with a clear link to Europe doesn't have access to cranes is almost beyond me. 

Breakfast means breakfast

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Bring it over on a small boat. 

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

But none of that continental rubbish.  The full fry up.

Taking back control of our breakfasts.

The public have spoken and we'll be decimated in the polls if we don't ban the croissant as they've made it abundantly clear they want us to do. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

The current model in the states is the get more $$$ from less so I wouldn’t envisage there being any real push to raise the capacity to fully meet demand. It’s better to have a waiting list than empty seats. They’ll look to squeeze more £££ per seat first and foremost. 

I do think they maybe they could’ve been more ambitious with the capacity as the new and similarly designed Anfield Road end seats 16,000. 

I think we're limited by the neighbouring stands in a way that the Anfield Road end wasn't.

Unless we also made major changes to the Whitton as well as the Trinity at the same time, we couldn't go as far as 16000. And that probably can't happen without reducing our capacity immensely for 2 years. 

Hopefully the North stand will be designed in a way that let's it be expanded in a modular kind of way when future changes come to Trinity or Witton. Not sure if that's even possible though.

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

I am sure OBE may have said before that there are only three cranes in Europe that can cope with the new roof and we need two of them.

• Shocked 1

Â