Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

10 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Interesting that you said that about Aston Hall, The Times are actually reporting that the newly appointed commissioners who have taken over the running of Birmingham city council have lined up aston hall for a sale. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the club try to buy it, what other club has an offering like that on their doorstep? I could see the commercial team thinking it will be a real money spinner pre Match for the more “cultured” hospitality clientele they are going after!

I dont know how much money the council make from it (if any), but as for something for the council to sell, it absolutely makes sense.  How much premium could they put on it to sell to Aston Villa?

For us, an opportunity to own the land the other side of Trinity Road and maybe make expansion an easier prospect.

Link in with the club/stadium to make it an even more attractive offering as a wedding venue,  link the revenue to villa for FFP purposes... this sounds potentially very promising.

• Like 2

It may have been mentioned elsewhere in the thread - sorry if it has (I couldn't see when I skimmed).

Both of the new applications are coming to the planning committee on 28 September - and both have recommendations from the planning officer to grant:

Warehouse: http://eplanning.idox.birmingham.gov.uk/publisher/docs/A052B29C4280E1D878C47A51AC983DEC/Document-A052B29C4280E1D878C47A51AC983DEC.pdf

North Stand: http://eplanning.idox.birmingham.gov.uk/publisher/docs/5504253B551A22A551760706A00A3793/Document-5504253B551A22A551760706A00A3793.pdf

Interestingly the planning for the North Stand will only be valid for 2 years - so they'll need to get a move on, and it does allow for the building of Villa Live - just separate from the North Stand.

Hopefully the club will let us know the plan pretty soon after permission is granted (if it is)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

That cannot be the final design...I assume a temporary fix that actually doesn't look too horrific from a distance. 

Other than in that photo it looks horrific from a distance. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I noticed this during the palace game.

Why can't they just move the entire 'THE' 2 seats down?

Oh, they are probably busy picking out the fresh Japanese style prawns for the £4999 a year hospitality seats. 

• Like 2

On 25/09/2023 at 14:13, andycv said:

Interestingly the planning for the North Stand will only be valid for 2 years - so they'll need to get a move on, and it does allow for the building of Villa Live - just separate from the North Stand.

You only have to start a project to comply with that planning requirement. Digging some footings is the normal way to achieve an official start, then the permission lasts in perpituity. Land and Planning Act innit.

• Like 1

Â