Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

So with regards to the Live/Academy feature, we've just decided to update an existing building rather than build a brand new one?  Looks like they were going to offer pretty much the same things anyway.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

So with regards to the Live/Academy feature, we've just decided to update an existing building rather than build a brand new one?  Looks like they were going to offer pretty much the same things anyway.

Yes - and move the club shop to the North Stand, and the sports bar.

I can't lie, the warehouse looks decent and won't feel as sterile/soulless as the villa live building would have, kind of adds a brummy industrial vibe to the place. looks quite good, we do need to make a decision with the badge and things sooner rather than later though as it does look strange and have heard other fans comment when we announced the torres signing why we have different badges on the shirt and on the wall

14 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Was the warehouse in the last set of plans?

Nope, it was being knocked down to make space for parking that would otherwise have been lost to Villa Live.

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Actually prefer the warehouse to that massive cube. 

Agreed.  The cube overshadowed the stand and never really looked "right". 

Warehouse looks like it belongs

19 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

No. It was going to be demolished.

I guess with the galloping inflation Villa Live has been replaced with a simpler offering, initially at least.

Yeah I imagine it costs a lot of money to demolish and then remove and dispose of the rubble, and that is before you even start to think about the cost of starting again from scratch with foundations and utilities to the new building. I think this option is probably a lot wiser way of keeping the cost down in these tough economic times. I think the warehouse looks good in the mock up, and will be a fine alternative. 

45 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Good to see the plant shops are still in the pictures - that's what I want before I go to see Villa vs Stuttgart in the Europa League group stage.... Daffodills!

It's where you can buy your pink carnations from if you are meeting a stranger before the game.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

New update. So the stand is the same as the original plan with just the Villa Live building going: 

Hang on, if we (see what I've done there already) are (incorrectly) going with "Aston Villa is ___" then this statement should read "Aston Villa unveils".

At least be consistent in your errors.

Â