Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

53 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I know he's the owner, but what are his football credentials to make sure the money is well spent? 

"I" was used too much in that Tweet. He employed the manager and the other staff, so he should set the budget and let them get on with it. 

What happens when one of his managers really wants a player, but Tony doesn't? 

52 minutes ago, Richard said:

Or xia really wants a player but the manager doesn't 

We needed less interference from Ellis and more interference from Lerner.

Hopefully Xia can be somewhere in the middle.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

It's Tony's money, his investment, his decision. So he can say whatever the **** he likes imo and has more right to than sultry fans who contribute piss all to transfer fees & wages etc...

Who says he has no right to make those decisions!? I'm confused. And of course he has more right to than the fans; who said he doesn't!? 

But this is a message board for opinions, and some people think, in their opinion, that he shouldn't be interfering in transfers (if that's what is happening).

"Contribute piss all.."

How lovely, and totally incorrect; your desire to have a rant because people are daring to question Tony obviously prevented you from thinking straight. The fans pay good money for tickets, and/or merchandise, along with associated costs of getting to the ground, and buying food and drinks. The fans don't contribute as much as our millionaire owner, but relatively, they contribute an awful lot. 

Perhaps you were talking about those who don't go, but how do you know how much people have spent on Aston Villa, and since when did how much you spend dictate whether you can or cannot have an opinion on the football club!? 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, peterms said:

To be fair, the comment was only directed against sultry fans, which must be a very tiny percentage.

Yes, I tend to think that there wouldn't be many considering Tony has rescued Villa, broken the league transfer record and looks like he will again, potentially spending best part of 50 million quid, engaged with the fans, defended the club, and pumped boundless optimism into the whole thing. You would imagine that this might convince everyone that he is good news and you would think in return a little patience would be shown when things don't go right at first. 

• Like 1

Wow, bit sensitive, it was pretty much aimed at anyone who may disagree with how Tony handles transfers I.e openness, opinionated and honest. Or those who say he may have too much influence on the team/transfers or whatever. It's his club, his passionate about it and imo, crack on Tony.

Put the tena's away chaps.

55 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Who says he has no right to make those decisions!? I'm confused. And of course he has more right to than the fans; who said he doesn't!? 

But this is a message board for opinions, and some people think, in their opinion, that he shouldn't be interfering in transfers (if that's what is happening).

"Contribute piss all.."

How lovely, and totally incorrect; your desire to have a rant because people are daring to question Tony obviously prevented you from thinking straight. The fans pay good money for tickets, and/or merchandise, along with associated costs of getting to the ground, and buying food and drinks. The fans don't contribute as much as our millionaire owner, but relatively, they contribute an awful lot. 

Perhaps you were talking about those who don't go, but how do you know how much people have spent on Aston Villa, and since when did how much you spend dictate whether you can or cannot have an opinion on the football club!? 

Calm down badass :crylaugh:

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I understand the concern of Tony's so called interference.....but after changing many managers the performances and results have gradually got worse from relying on their expertise....so what have we got to lose....We may as well have the tea lady signing the players for how its made a difference.

I feel like the tea lady is becoming quite the scapegoat for some posters....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Badass!? I was trying to understand what on earth your expletive laden post was getting at. I managed it without swearing like a juvenile keyboard warrior too. 

Omg, I'm not even trying to upset you :huh:

Its nothing personal chap? I just said what I thought, it's his club, he can say what he wants. I didn't say Morley was a surly fan who doesn't contribute.

:ph34r:

Edited by Ingram85

7 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

:D

Ahh yeah - those sultry fans. The ones who walk around Villa Park dressed all sexy and pouting provactively.

That's enough about the players.  What about the fans?? 

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I'd you google 'sultry gif' this is one of the first ones and certainly caught my eye:

giphy.gif

Suddenly forgotten all about what we were talking about... Was it something to do with football?

Can't. Stop. Looking.

• Like 1

Â