Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

OR it could have been backup plan in the eventuality we lost, to be able to offset finances just as we have seen?

It is not always the conspiracy theory ya know.

Why "do one" if we were promoted when we would have huge income coming in and he would be able to further his smart city ambitions etc?

Do you think that was real?

Wasn't this smart city thing another claim he made that no proof was found on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

OR it could have been backup plan in the eventuality we lost, to be able to offset finances just as we have seen?

It is not always the conspiracy theory ya know.

Why "do one" if we were promoted when we would have huge income coming in and he would be able to further his smart city ambitions etc?

Smart City ambitions?....wow.....I truly didn't realise people fell for that bile? ?

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Well unless the whole history if Recon are fabricated as well as the Smart Cities they have built in China, plus the meetings about these things with the Birmingham Council?

What do you mean no proof was found on? lol

2 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Smart City ambitions?....wow.....I truly didn't realise people fell for that bile? ?

You know that was/is one of the main operations of Recon Group right?

Also, you realise this would make them more money than a football club yes?

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It may have been smart cities as in smart meters etc - but Xia was happy to let people beleive that he trotted around the world building cities. It was only a few weeks back i argued this point on here when someone said 'obviously his plan was to develop the whole area*'

*TBF he did refurb the club shop ! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You do realise Recon Group has been losing money hand over fist for 3 years....right?

You do realise it's all bullshit.... right?

There is no wider plan....!

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well unless the whole history if Recon are fabricated as well as the Smart Cities they have built in China, plus the meetings about these things with the Birmingham Council?

Not sure if serious ?

Recon haven't built a city anywhere - I am not aware of any meetings with Birmingham city council about smart cities , HS2 and the commonwealth games briefly yes 

You do realise that smart cities isn't actually construction cities ? 

26 minutes ago, KH** said:

I can only imagine that the guys over at TBAR are jizzing their pants over this and speculating Larry Ellison is incoming. 

And Dale Stephens has finally worked out how to get out of the door of room 26 at New Hall...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Recon group is at the most 5 smallish companies - most of which are clocking losses.  RECON is just a front to be honest - it is nothing.

Teamax sit above recon and that is a bigger deal - but Xia owns a 18% stake in that company ....and thats it.

It isn't quite as bad as Carson Yeung who turned to be a hairdresser - but xia , recon, smart cities is out that ilk. 

Sorry JV - but we have been had. Big time.

• Like 1

Remember the optimism at the beginning of our Championship adventure with everyone singing the Dr Tony Mondeo song?

It feels like we have fallen of a cliff since those times, indeed that was just a ledge we managed to cling onto in the overall descent from the top of the cliff.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Recon group is at the most 5 smallish companies - most of which are clocking losses.  RECON is just a front to be honest - it is nothing.

Teamax sit above recon and that is a bigger deal - but Xia owns a 18% stake in that company ....and thats it.

It isn't quite as bad as Carson Yeung who turned to be a hairdresser - but xia , recon, smart cities is out that ilk. 

Spot on fella...Don't forget....he apparently sold Teamax to fund the purchase of Villa....more bullshit!

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not sure if serious ?

Recon haven't built a city anywhere - I am not aware of any meetings with Birmingham city council about smart cities , HS2 and the commonwealth games briefly yes 

You do realise that smart cities isn't actually construction cities ? 

He did meet Birmingham City Council, there were pictures and a statement.

The rest of what you say I agree with.

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He did meet Birmingham City Council, there were pictures and a statement.

The rest of what you say I agree with.

Even Birmingham City councillors probably weren't dumb enough to believe his rubbish!

According to Reuters.com. This is the business of Teamax Smart City Technology, of which Xia is chairman:

TEAMAX SMART CITY TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION LIMITED is a China-based company principally engaged in the research and development, production and sales of functional cosmetics. The Company's main cosmetics include head care, facials and body care products. The Company is also engaged in pharmaceutical circulation business through its subsidiaries. Its medicine-related products include western medicines, proprietary Chinese medicines, Chinese herbal medicines, Chinese medicine drinks, medical equipment, family planning supplies and food. The Company principally operates its business in the domestic market.

Add to this the Lotus Health Group that he is involved with, manufacturing MSG....that company is failing miserably aswell......dunno how he managed to gain that docterate at Harvard ?

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

IIRC there was no evidence to back up his claims of building cities. It was reported back when the takeover happened I think. 

Not sure why you're laughing, you are the one that has been cojvinced by his lies and continues to believe it. 

The claims about his wealth are clearly lies. All his business ventures are losing money. He made a huge deal about buying millenium films, believe it is still on the recon website, and the owner of millenium referred to the recon group as a bunch of time wasters. 

The guy is a looking like a fraud mate. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think this is about it to be honest.

I was reading the recon website a couple of weeks back and it was a lot of glossy pages and an incredible amount of words that, in my simplistic view, amounted to very little. I did a very small amount of digging and the only company I could find directly linked to recon was the cabling company of the same name...and again, this looked like a smallish company that was struggling.

• Like 2

Yep looks like it was fanatsy lies and stuff to keep fans happy. Will we ever get a break? The amount if rubbish owners we have had is ridiculous. 

The next guys have to be in the UK.no more idiots from abroad who don't know what the hell is going on at the club. 

50 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

dunno how he managed to gain that docterate at Harvard ?

A tenner and an application form if this report from the Telegraph back in 2016 is to be believed. 

Allegations in China that Mr Xia had falsely claimed to be a professor had been previously brushed off by the Harvard graduate who said the media had exaggerated his academic record.

But The Telegraph has obtained a document from Fang Zhouzi, who runs a website exposing false titles in China, which appears to show that a company chaired by Dr Xia had applied for special status from a Chinese province by claiming he was a professor at Harvard between 2001-2.

The document, which could not be independently verified by The Telegraph, also shows he claims to have obtained a Masters and a Phd at the prestigious university between 1996-2001.

The Telegraph contacted Harvard to ask for the release of Dr Xia’s record, but was told that he had put a block on access to it.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/05/23/questions-linger-over-new-chinese-owner-of-aston-villa/amp/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

He created a UK company based on Smart Cities, like with many of his ltd companies here, he hasn't done anything with since filing them.

51 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I think this is about it to be honest.

I was reading the recon website a couple of weeks back and it was a lot of glossy pages and an incredible amount of words that, in my simplistic view, amounted to very little. I did a very small amount of digging and the only company I could find directly linked to recon was the cabling company of the same name...and again, this looked like a smallish company that was struggling.

The recon website hasn't been updated since Feb 17th and still has their 'deal' to buy Millennium Films on it as a done deal (didn't happen) It's just a shell for the Western World. Teamax are our parent company really and they were sold to Sofftco in a reverse type merger as they were on the Stock  Exchange, upon completion of the sale they were named back to Teamax. It's all rather confusing!! 

• Like 1

Â