Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

16 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Hairy muff, but all of that is a criticism of how Bruce has managed the team, it doesn't really relate back to Xia being like Lerner? 

Xia has spent money, appointed proper 'football people' to the board and took advice from those people regarding the manager. I'd then imagine he's trusted the manager to make the decisons on player ins and outs. Whether it's worked or not, that's EXACTLY what I want from the owner of my club. 

Exactly no one good expected Bruce to be this bad even those who didn't want him. I wasn't expecting good football just functional means to an end football. He was a short term fix to get us up. Xia has done exactly what you want from an owner. Now the short fix hasn't worked I hope he looks long term and tries to get a manager in who can instill a playing style. Southampton are the bench mark. Get a style of play then get managers and players that fit it. Then you always do well as everything is changeable. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm interpreting that as he's sticking with Bruce. 

Idiot. 

That is how I have interpreted it too but could be wrong.

Basically sounds like he is saying he needs to support Bruce in order for him to improve and reach his full potential.

Edited by briggaman
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

12 months to lose a lot of the good faith. 

Even Lerner couldn't **** things up that quickly. 

He may as well throw his money in the fire, shame our club is going suffer because of it.

There's nowt cryptic there. He believes in Bruce's strengths ahead of his weaknesses and he's sticking with him for now. 

I'm taking my lad to only his 2nd game on Saturday, I'm not sure I want him to feel the atmosphere if we go behind or lose. He probably won't want to go back. 

"Be extremely subtle even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate".

(Sun Tzu, The Art of War)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sticking with Bruce because of a stupid self help book? Give me a beak! 

I would have preferred the silence over this patronising bollox.

The old saying about a fool and his money springs to mind - xia will lose the support of a lot of fans over this decision .

1 minute ago, briggaman said:

Really wish he would have just said straight up or kept quiet until he has made his mind up. Not a good time to be leaving us supporters in the dark and sending out cryptic messages...

We aren't in the dark.

Bruce is the manager until such time as he goes and frankly that is about it.

How many times have we seen clubs say they are sticking with a manager then sack him hours or days later? 

Its called the dreaded vote of confidence for a reason. 

• Like 2

Just now, TrentVilla said:

We aren't in the dark.

Bruce is the manager until such time as he goes and frankly that is about it.

How many times have we seen clubs say they are sticking with a manager then sack him hours or days later? 

Its called the dreaded vote of confidence for a reason. 

God I bloody hope so. 

• Like 1

Supporters demand to know what the chairman is going to do, RIGHT NOW.

Chairman, quite rightly, has no intention of letting them know.  Probably hasn't made a definitive decision yet.

Give the guy a break.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

One paragraph seems he may sack him the other stand by him. I think he's covering himself. 

Yup

To me he could either be saying he needs to support him,

And other the other hand it could mean we need a better leader!

• Like 1

To be honest, I also think that this ridiculous cryptic messaging needs to stop.

However, the text is can be deciphered in any which way you see fit.

It's easy on first read to think he's sticking, but read through it again and equally I can draw the conclusion that he's on borrowed time.

I can also think that on another side, it places some blame on the 'whole' or the team as it were, or the 'leaders' within the team not performing as they should be. Maybe giving a hint to the idea that the players were self sabotaging/ not listening to Bruce's instructions. Who knows! Fin' riddle me this, riddle me that.

Â