Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Baggies officially sold to chinese group this morning so in the space of a month or two 3 clubs within 20 miles have all been bought by chinese owners & tony now has some competition that wasn't there before.

We're going to end up with one combined "West Midlands Village" team in a giant super-city aren't we.....

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Baggies officially sold to chinese group this morning so in the space of a month or two 3 clubs within 20 miles have all been bought by chinese owners & tony now has some competition that wasn't there before.

We're going to end up with one combined "West Midlands Village" team in a giant super-city aren't we.....

What is this obsession with merging clubs just because they are owned by Chinese? Why would anyone merge clubs? Xenophobic much?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

PES predicted it first...

Guochuan Lai is apparently valued at £2bn, which is not far off what i'd expect Xia to be worth.

4 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

3 completely separate businesses, with 3 different owners who happen to all be Chinese. Ok then...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

There's a stark difference between them and us, with them you're just buying a football club, with us you're buying an institution.

Tony won the #BuySomethingExpensiveCup if you ask me!

7 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

I'm being thick. What's he banging on about?

I'm guessing he's intimating that whilst the good Dotor and his team fully researched Villa and have a big grand plan, he's hoping that the new Chinese owners who have followed suit and bought clubs in the Midlands aren't just buying them as fashionable toys to play with, and actually have a plan.

Edited by DeadlyDirk
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I'm guessing he's intimating that whilst the good Dotor and his team fully researhed Villa and have a big grand plan, he's hoping that the new Chinese owners who have followed suit and bought lubs in the Midlands aren't just buying them as fashionable toys to play with, and actually have a plan.

Ah ha. Thanks :)

• Like 1

Â