Wales Triumphant Euro 2016 Victory Parade

chrisp65

Live in England, work with the English, been getting an absolute bashing all week...

Looking forward to having the last laugh.  Cymru am byth

3 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Live in England, work with the English, been getting an absolute bashing all week...

Looking forward to having the last laugh.  Cymru am byth

I'm in a very tricky position. My boss has just discovered football in the last 24 hours and has decided that as an office we can all watch it here, together, with some snacks, as a bonding thing. I say boss, he owns the company.

Personally, I'm perfectly comfortable watching the football with football fans, english, welsh, tibetan or whatever. Like anyone else, you can pretty quickly work out the decent ones and the thin skinned ones carrying patio furniture. But what I have here, is a rugby liking crowd that have suddenly discovered football for the day.

I can't be doing with that. I'll be away to find some football people soon.

• Like 2

I'm glad to be in the conversation to be honest, the fact that we look competent just makes it all the better

I play on it to wind people up not more than that, the same comes back so it's all fun.  Luckily I'll get to watch it in the office too amongst the many English so looking forward to that. Thankfully there aren't any knuckledraggers looking for a fight at my end though

I fear that somewhere deep in the back of some Welsh players minds Russia are a bogey team.

This is the first match I'm nervous.

Slovakia I was just happy we were there and the win was just me creaming all over my cake. England game was always going to be horrible because too many non football people I know were making it a big deal. Commuting between an office of Welsh rugby fans, Redditch non-sports fans and an office of Kentish cricket fans I'm usually left alone. 

Russia game I'm going up the club house to shout at a big telly with a whole bunch of other like minded idiots. Might even try a bit of skype from the stadium but that might be a bit too technical.

The permutations are mind boggling, but have started well with Albania getting a one goal win. If we limp through to the next round as lucky losers 16th out of 16 then I will be ecstatic. But already, we've had a win, scored three goals and seen lots n lots of flags representin' the club. All good for issue 1 of next season's matchday programme.

As a bit of perspective, this time three years ago the club was kicked out of the league and Wales were Wales. So this is all happy gravy.

Immense performance despite the poor Russian showing. The Ramsey-Bale linkup is nice. Bale is probably the purest athlete in football, he made those Russians look like schoolboys.

• Like 1

Four different scorers and some immense defending in a one man team is what's doing it for me.

We've had scuffed shin shots gone in, two chances fall to the same guy that hasn't scored previously, Ramsey putting in performances. Joe Ledley playing 28 days after being diagnosed with a fractured tibia. Reserve goalkeeper getting his first full cap at minutes notice.

Not doing takings in the clubhouse any harm either.

Dreamland.

Â