The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

3 hours ago, backofthenet said:

In all honesty I don't know an we may not know for a while yet, a lot I think will depend on weather we go straight back up, I've been a villa fan for a long time an ill be there supporting them no matter what but the fact that Hitchens set up recon sport for xia and Samuelson an then immediately resigns followed by the fact Samuelson has filled the board with associates of his and not xias worrys me tremendously

Enough already, I'm banging my head against a wall reading your nonsense and it **** hurts!

Business is not always pretty and nor are some of the individuals involved in business but beyond what you perceive to know of these people just be **** happy for Aston Villa will you and stop dragging the rest of us down

Edited by Tubby

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

I see the Doc is working on a North Korea style haircut

To go with his North Korean style walk

Oh shit we've been bought by the North Koreans! Tell the Mail, we've been duped!

Tony out! And take your known unknown associates with you (cause everyone seems offended by them already)

Edited by Tubby

4 hours ago, backofthenet said:

I don't doubt what you say in the slightest but everyone on the board is an associate of Samuelson!

if dr xia was the driving force behind the takeover where are his associates that he works with on a daily basis?

like I stated I hope that my fears are unfounded but I remain sceptical 

you will remain sceptical until you feel you have a need not to be.

I think that could be leveled at a fair proportion of the fanbase.....for me, I'm just waiting to see who we bring in and secondly to win our first game.

Ps I am more interested in the football than the high finance.

Edited by TRO

Well, I wasn't convinced by this guy at all. Now at least I know he had the money to buy the club, though I wonder how much more he really has, and who he's brought with him. 

Anyway, I'm going to try to be positive for a change. Welcome Tony. Surely, surely, you can't be as useless as the last two. 

It's not an exact science but the reading of body language is used by people with an important job to do. Obviously you can't tell much from a photo that's but a moment in time.

Have to admit sharing some worries at the composition of the board, but after seeing the photo I am a little more at ease: we might be needing replacements for some of those three sooner than suspected. 

Regardless of whether it falls under the umbrella of science, it's still a tool that's used, by politicians, crimininala investigators and so on, i.e people with important jobs to do. One similary might say that psychology isn't an exact science, although my  readings lead me to believe that some divisions of that particular discipline are more exact than others.

Caligula had an important job to do, and he named his horse a senator. 

I'm not being particularly serious here. If you feel happier having seen the photo then fair enough, and I'm not trying to take that feeling away from you. 

I wasn't being serious with my initial 'leader of the pack' comment. I hadn't actually attempted to read the body language of the photo, it was just my attempt at a joke.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, useless said:

I wasn't being serious with my initial 'leader of the pack' comment. I hadn't actually attempted to read the body language of the photo, it was just my attempt at a joke.

Good thing it's just a pseudo-joke.  otherwise we'd have to debate if it could be taken seriously for a couple days, rather than discussing something related to football.

• Like 2

I was excited when Lerner took over 10 years ago with the promise of millions, then Man City got bought and, well, we won't dwell on how things deteriorated.  I am now just genuinely excited that we've been bought by someone who has a plan and has immediately brought in a group of people who appear to know what they are doing.  So Samuelson is shady, it seems that the good doctor needs someone who can move money around, it can't be easy running an Anglo-Chinese company, particularly one with such potential media scrutiny.  I really just want to enjoy watching Villa again and the first few days seem promising to me, the new season can't come soon enough... except I won't be able to watch the games over here in the States.

• Like 4