Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thia is up there for me for the last 12 months

Screenshot_20230124-163327_Chrome.jpg

How many occasions in life do you celebrate like you do when Villa scores a goal.......I can't think of any tbh ( I haven't won the lottery) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/01/2023 at 07:45, John said:

Aston Villa team line up in 1964-65. | Aston villa team, Aston villa, Kids  memories

We won that game 3-0 in front of 47,656 fans at Villa Park on 9th January 1965, with goals from Johnny MacLeod and Tony Hateley (2). 

Looks like Blackpools colours, John ?....and charlies 10 to 2 feet......Bestie once said to Charlie " This is what I look like from the front, Charlie"

Edited by TRO

On 21/12/2022 at 01:31, Mazrim said:

My favourite player at the time and I'm there in the crowd with my old man. God rest his soul.

Aston-Villa-footballer-Gary-Shaw-shows-of-the-the-league-Championship-trophy-to-the-thousands-of-supporters-who-lined.jpg

Top player.....Loved GS.

Made his debut at 17.....mind blowing.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Well I remember waiting in those big queues down the side of The Holte End (although I'd have been on the other side) 

Sadly in the 80's they were often quite short queues. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, TRO said:

Looks like Blackpools colours, John ?....and charlies 10 to 2 feet......Bestie once said to Charlie " This is what I look like from the front, Charlie"

Brilliant quote that.:D

I think the colour looks that way because it was either a sunny day or the colour didn't show up too well in the comic. Although, I must admit I'm colour blind, so I'm not best placed to know. ;)

• Thanks 1

Some famous faces here lining up in front of the Witton End in 1962, prior to the game between The Football League and the Scottish League, I think. Lost 3-4 in front of 18,459, with goals from Hunt (2) & Haynes. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Â