Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

13 hours ago, Kingman said:

55k watched Villa v Santos and the great Pele, 21st February 1972

img_2_1670171250579.jpg

img_1_1670171216582.jpg

I’m very happy to say I was at the game. I hope the great man pulls through is illness. A mate of mine’s claim to fame is he had a kick around with him many years ago. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m very happy to say I was at the game. I hope the great man pulls through is illness. A mate of mine’s claim to fame is he had a kick around with him many years ago. 

Gonna need more details there! A kick around with PELE lol. I got excited seeing Bailey with his son in the kids playground

28 minutes ago, imavillan said:

We won 2-1 McMahon and a Ray Graydon penalty.

It was lucky the match went ahead as this was at the time of power cuts with the miners on strike.

I've found this cracking YouTube video with the match highlights. I know it's not strictly a photograph but thought it's well worth sharing.

EDIT: Just seen that this video has already been posted in the Pele thread by @sidcow 

Did I? Must have been pissed.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Gonna need more details there! A kick around with PELE lol. I got excited seeing Bailey with his son in the kids playground

His Dad was Vic Crowe and this was during the time Vic managed in The States. Pele was absolutely great and happy to have a kick around with the kids. A genuinely great man. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

would have been 99 today. Can we please have a colour version of this in the next few years. A lot of us could die Happy men at that point.

Here you go!..

img_1_1670698543896.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â