Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

On 09/12/2022 at 11:25, Kingman said:

img_2_1670456424294.jpg

Love to get a copy of that. If it's the one I'm thinking it is. Then I'm in one of the photos standing on top of the crush barrier in the Clock end at Highbury on the day we clinched the title. What a day. Never seen more away support than I did that day. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Something I’ve been waiting to see all my life. I’m 59 and whilst I wouldn’t rule out living for another 59 years, it’s rather unlikely and so come on Villa get a move on. Champions of England, Europe, numerous large cups, it’s all been a fabulous adventure, punctuated with plenty of heartache but the cup that we’ve won so many times has now for 66 years alluded us. 

We’ve had it nicked more times than SHA   have won it, come on lads make Villans old and young joyous again!

That would complete it for me too.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Love to get a copy of that. If it's the one I'm thinking it is. Then I'm in 9ne of the photos standing on top of the crush barrier in the Clock end at Highbury on the day we clinched the title. What a day. Never seen more away support than I did that day. 

This one?

img_3_1669820930374.thumb.jpg.ab836b540a80ebfe8e2c6f98581911ab.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kingman said:

This one?

img_3_1669820930374.thumb.jpg.ab836b540a80ebfe8e2c6f98581911ab.jpg

No, but I  know plenty of lads in that one. Gez Flynn, God bless him. Black Danny, with the Villa Top on at the front on the left. He got that the week before off Tony Morley after the Middlesborough game. 

Great photo though, wonderful memories.  The one I was in is similar to this. I even remember what I was wearing,  a Levi red tag coat and Levi jeans, I'm on the barrier with a few black lads.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

No, but I  know plenty of lads in that one. Gez Flynn, God bless him. Black Danny, with the Villa Top on at the front on the left. He got that the week before off Tony Morley after the Middlesborough game. 

Great photo though, wonderful memories.  The one I was in is similar to this. I even remember what I was wearing,  a Levi red tag coat and Levi jeans, I'm on the barrier with a few black lads.

I've put this one in colour 

img_1_1670796073986.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

I've put this one in colour 

img_1_1670796073986.jpg

You know what, bruv? I have a sneaky feeling that I might be in it. Go to the right at the end, and look at the four geezers on the barrier, I'm quite confident that that's me,  between  the guy in the striped jumper and the black guy, leaning back, trying to keep my balance. I've zoomed right in, but still can't be 100 percent. 

Cheers for that, my brother. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

You know what, bruv? I have a sneaky feeling that I might be in it. Go to the right at the end, and look at the four geezers on the barrier, I'm quite confident that that's me,  between  the guy in the striped jumper and the black guy, leaning back, trying to keep my balance. I've zoomed right in, but still can't be 100 percent. 

Cheers for that, my brother. 

I've got another one but it's to big to load 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Kingman said:

I've got another one but it's to big to load 

Like I said I'm not a 100 percent it is me. You're talking 40yrs and I've been follicle challenged for twenty of those, so it's hard to remember what you looked like when you had hair. Still, like I said, great photo along with some wonderful, wonderful memories. I actually remember looking at that paper in the Ben Johnson pub in was the Wednesday after we had won the title, we were playing the noses in a testimonial. That's how I knew my picture was in it.

Incidentally, our current manager is the first to give me that Ron Saunders aura.

On 11/12/2022 at 13:22, sheepyvillian said:

Those houses along the Witton Rd, they were there for years. 

with the chip shop at the top and the West Indians private club next to that 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

with the chip shop at the top and the West Indians private club next to that 

I forgot about the club. Imagine the amount of scraps they seen through their front windows.

Did you know Gez Flynn from Kingstanding? He was in the picture Kingman sent. Good pal of mine, sadly passed away a few years ago. Black Danny is there with Tony Morley's top on. Didn't half bring some memories, all great one's though. 

Â