Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

We categorically should not be looking at managers who haven't got a team promoted from the championship before. We desperately need experience of success and know-how next season. 

That really is a ridiculous statement.

There are loads of managers (esp foreign managers) that don't fufill that requirement that are more than good enough for this club, including HALF of the managers in the promotion or playoff spots this year (Karanka, Carhvahl, Wassal)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Honestly, yes. If he was that great a manager he wouldn't be messing around at Newcastle now.

Mental viewpoint.  The guy has basically taken on a challenge and is being classed as not good because of it?!

Rodgers to Celtic is good news for us as now cant see what job Moyes could get better than this unless he wants to go watford? But I think in 2-3 years we will be ahead of Watford if Dr Xias ambitious plans come through

I don't see any of 'the above' matching the criteria Dr Xia has laid out in his grand scheme for world domination. 

I hope, when all the furore of the take-over has died down, that the reality of our shitty position makes him appoint wisely. We need to rebuild and it won't be a quick fix, so hopefully he walks before running.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

RDM pictured in brum airport this morning

Got play offs at MK Dons, promotion with the tesco bags, won the champions league with Chelsea beating Bayern and Barca along the way. I can see why he is clear favourite for us now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Mental viewpoint.  The guy has basically taken on a challenge and is being classed as not good because of it?!

Good for him - I just don't think he's all he's cracked up to be, personally. We will have to agree to disagree.

Think one criteria will be that the managers needs to be someone who can represent the club in a good way.

If we are to sell the club to the Chinese market and public to build a fan base there. Then the manager needs to come across as sensible and "a man of the world", possibly even a somewhat well known name.

Obviously this won't be the #1 criteria, but I think it will be part of it.

13 minutes ago, mwj said:

That really is a ridiculous statement.

There are loads of managers (esp foreign managers) that don't fufill that requirement that are more than good enough for this club, including HALF of the managers in the promotion or playoff spots this year (Karanka, Carhvahl, Wassal)

Karanka just got Boro promoted. He would therefore fit the bill.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Think one criteria will be that the managers needs to be someone who can represent the club in a good way.

If we are to sell the club to the Chinese market and public to build a fan base there. Then the manager needs to come across as sensible and "a man of the world", possibly even a somewhat well known name.

Obviously this won't be the #1 criteria, but I think it will be part of it.

RDM actually looks a bit Chinese.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Rafa has no experience of the championship. I wouldn't want him as our manager for next season. 

All hypothetical but I don't agree experience of the championship trumps La liga titles, winning the Champions League, winning the UEFA Cup, winning the FA cup, winning the European Super Cup and winning many other cups.  I think that is crazy to be honest. Perhaps if we were working on a shoestrong budget maybe, but not when there is money to bring in players. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Good for him - I just don't think he's all he's cracked up to be, personally. We will have to agree to disagree.

We really will.

He's a La Liga (x2), Europa League (x2), Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, F.A. Cup, Coppa Italia and World Club Cup winner, and has only lost 3 games in 10 with a team that has been relegated.

He won't be available, so it's moot really, but certainly agree to disagree here.  He's a top level manager.

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Rodgers to Celtic is good news for us as now cant see what job Moyes could get better than this unless he wants to go watford? But I think in 2-3 years we will be ahead of Watford if Dr Xias ambitious plans come through

Moyes is very arrogant in his job options that he probably expects get Everton or United job back, he wont drop a division

26 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Honestly, yes. If he was that great a manager he wouldn't be messing around at Newcastle now.

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/honours/12/

• Italian Super Cup, with SCC Napoli in December 2014.
  • Italian Cup, with SSC Napoli in May 2014.
  • UEFA Europa League, with Chelsea FC on May 15, 2013.
  • FIFA Club World Club Cup, in December 2010 with Inter Milan.
  • Italian Super Cup, August 2010 with Inter Milan.
  • Community Shield, with Liverpool FC in August 2006.
  • FA CUP, with Liverpool FC on May 13, 2006.
  • European Super Cup with Liverpool FC in August 2005.
  • UEFA Champions League, with Liverpool FC on May 25, 2005.
  • UEFA Cup with Valencia CF SAD on May 19, 2004.
  • Premier League (La liga), with Valencia CF SAD in May 2004.
  • Premier League (La liga), with Valencia CF SAD in May 2002
  • Runner up UEFA Champions League, with Liverpool FC on 23 May 2007 and in Athens.
  • There's more!!!!!

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/honours/12/

• Italian Super Cup, with SCC Napoli in December 2014.
  • Italian Cup, with SSC Napoli in May 2014.
  • UEFA Europa League, with Chelsea FC on May 15, 2013.
  • FIFA Club World Club Cup, in December 2010 with Inter Milan.
  • Italian Super Cup, August 2010 with Inter Milan.
  • Community Shield, with Liverpool FC in August 2006.
  • FA CUP, with Liverpool FC on May 13, 2006.
  • European Super Cup with Liverpool FC in August 2005.
  • UEFA Champions League, with Liverpool FC on May 25, 2005.
  • UEFA Cup with Valencia CF SAD on May 19, 2004.
  • Premier League (La liga), with Valencia CF SAD in May 2004.
  • Premier League (La liga), with Valencia CF SAD in May 2002
  • Runner up UEFA Champions League, with Liverpool FC on 23 May 2007 and in Athens.
  • There's more!!!!!

Rubbish CV! No championship playoff qualification

• Like 1

Think Moyes would be a big gamble as I think he's mentally broken.

After the last few years he's had he must have started to doubt himself and the way he's doing things.

Edit: It could also be that he's learned a lot from those failures and is now a better manager for it.

Regardless he will not be the same Moyes that left Everton a few years back.

Edited by sne

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Aston Villa: David Moyes keen on managing relegated club

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36072788

lol.

Something has to give here, he wont be going back to everton, so unless Boro change manager that only leaves him with Watford. i think he would be a fool to turn it down now with new owners and the former Everton CEO coming in 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Something has to give here, he wont be going back to everton, so unless Boro change manager that only leaves him with Watford. i think he would be a fool to turn it down now with new owners and the former Everton CEO coming in 

I'm not necessarily saying Moyes will come here or, indeed, go anywhere else.

But for someone to entirely make up a managers' position and present it as fact is ridiculous.  "Moyes is very arrogant" - just a staggering quote.  This is regarding one of incredibly few British managers who have been brave enough to take on a challenging job in another of Europe's top league.  Very arrogant!

:crylaugh:

• Like 1