Pre-Match Thread

John

#THFC team: Lloris (c), Walker, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Rose; Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Alli, Eriksen; Kane.

#THFC subs: Vorm, Davies, Trippier, Carroll, Chadli, Mason, Son #COYS

Cdb8MGRWIAAU3ZY.png

#AVFC subs (v @SpursOfficial): Richards, Clark, Bacuna, Sinclair, Green, Bunn, Lyden. #AVLTOT

Just now, Keyblade said:

Sherwood got hammered because he admitted he was basically rolling the dice to find a team that works and changed it literally every game. Don't know why you're trying to draw an equivalency there.

To be honest, I kind of agree with Jonah. In retrospect, Sherwood was trying multiple teams and formations not just because he was clueless, but because the squad doesn't have a natural 'first XI' and hasn't played like it all season. 

The correct retort, however, is that Sherwood had a hand in assembling this squad of mismatched parts whereas Garde didn't. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Sherwood got hammered because he admitted he was basically rolling the dice to find a team that works and changed it literally every game. Don't know why you're trying to draw an equivalency there.

What's the difference? That Garde hasn't admitted it? Because what we've seen is very similar. Different formations, different players and different captains, it's looking like rolling the dice to me. 

I don't mind though, managers working with new players will have to experiment when things aren't working. Others had the issues in the past. 

36 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

No slight on you Switters, but look how depressing those names are on a Premier League teamsheet.

Oh I know, I know :(

Pretty close with the lineup though. Just he went for Gil and Veretout rather than Lyden and Sinclair. Lyden was a long shot, but I did think Sinclair has shown more in sub appearances lately than Gil or Veretout have done so I thought he'd get in over one of them

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's the only defence that can be found for Sherwood.