Pre-Match Thread

John

Rock bottom Villa face second placed Spurs on Sunday 13th March @ 16.00. Our visitors are hoping to be crowned champions at the end of this season for the first time since 1961 whilst we are 99.99% certain to be relegated from the top flight for the first time since 1987. We battled them for the fourth place they ended up with 6 years ago ending that season 6 points behind them in sixth place on 64 points which is 48 points more than we have to our name at the moment.

We last beat Spurs at home in 2008 and have gathered 39 points less than them to date this season. Although this game is sandwiched between their two Europa Cup ties against Borrusia Dortmund their lofty position in the league and the chance to finish top for the first time in 55 years suggests they will be at least as up for this one as they will be for the other two. Another defeat looks more than likely. Another three or more goals conceded looks equally likely. The first goal will again be crucial and should we be the first to go a goal down we have grown accustomed to dropping our heads and going two behind shortly afterwards. This is a "must win" game for both teams but we do not win many "must win" games do we? I hope to see some fight from Villa at the very least next Sunday before I and I trust a few thousand more of us go out the door on 74 http://outthedooron74.co.uk/.           

• Like 2

In our last game against City we lost 4-0 and had 1 shot on target with 25% possession. So if we can build on that, I would be happy with us losing 3-0, getting 2 shots on target and around 30% possession. That would represent real progress in the right direction. :thumb:

• Like 3

You know how teams in the Europa league always struggle in the league after a game on Thursday?

3-0 defeat, soldado to return on emergency loan and grab a hat trick

• Like 3

There is no depth in this squad to replace the players who don't give a s***. Maybe hold a lucky seat prize of playing for Villa. Some random fan in the crowd will probably give more effort than the mugs we got on the pitch. Or, we could play the kids. Spurs 4 -1.

• Like 1

I think with the terrible performances recently, #OutTheDoorOn74 has become as much a blessed relief for those fans as it has been a protest.  I suspect the protestors will see 3 of the 4 goals we concede on Sunday.

id like to see us scrape a point just so Leicester can stretch the gap. 

I think realistically we will just let Spurs pile up a decent goal difference

4-0 to Spurs and it could easily have been 7.

Thanks God I've promised the missus I'll do some DIY on Sunday.

• Like 1

The only question really is when we concede the first goal and the weak, pathetic leeching parasites on the pitch decide they've had enough and open the floodgates.

I'm going for the 27th minute.

Edited by Mantis

Guzan

Hutton Okore Clark Cissokho

Sanchez

Bacuna Gana

Gil

Kozak Sellars

Edited by Michael118

-----------------------Guzan------------------------

Hutton----------Okore----Clark----------Cissokho

--------------Lyden-------------Gana---------------

Ayew------------------Me------------------Grealish

--------------------Gestede---------------------------

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 07:00, Jimzk5 said:

You know how teams in the Europa league always struggle in the league after a game on Thursday?

3-0 defeat, soldado to return on emergency loan and grab a hat trick

Can't beat some gallows humour :)

Completely true of course.