The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I work with Pantone references all the time, and that could plausibly be a real colour name...

I wonder if he turns to Outrageous Gammon Pink if you include the dirty foreign cedilla in his surname every time you mention him

• Like 1

Wonder how the Corbyn/May meet up will go.

Corbyn is to negotiate a deal with a PM who will all probability make way for a hard Brexiteer in a few weeks or months. Johnson or Rabb would likely undo any promises made in such negotiations.  Corbyn will also be aware of how the lib dems were stitched up over the coalition a few years back.

I just don't see JC going for it. The Tories are on the verge of imploding JC won't want to sacrifice the labour party to save them.

If TM needs more seats to get her bill through - she knows what to do.      

• Like 1

Just now, hippo said:

Corbyn is to negotiate a deal with a PM who will all probability make way for a hard Brexiteer in a few weeks or months. Johnson or Rabb would likely undo any promises made in such negotiations.  Corbyn will also be aware of how the lib dems were stitched up over the coalition a few years back.

I just don't see JC going for it. The Tories are on the verge of imploding JC won't want to sacrifice the labour party to save them.

It'll go like this

Corbyn: The Prime Minister isn't able to compromise from her entrenched position that wishes us to do harm to our economy and will not move towards a Brexit that puts jobs and services first.

May: Jeremy Corbyn does not want to respect the "Will of the People" and is unable to see that my deal is the only deal that respects that and he wants to play politics with the countries future

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

3rd battalion, Parachute Regiment  seem to be getting ready for a GE and potential Corbyn win

to be fair, they were just instructors showing the Saudi's what they mustn't do

it's how we roll now

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, bickster said:

It'll go like this

Corbyn: The Prime Minister isn't able to compromise from her entrenched position that wishes us to do harm to our economy and will not move towards a Brexit that puts jobs and services first.

May: Jeremy Corbyn does not want to respect the "Will of the People" and is unable to see that my deal is the only deal that respects that and he wants to play politics with the countries future

Don't think thats the version the daily express will run with ! 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

It won't be a negotiation.  May won't even tell her own cabinet her position, so the idea of being open and accommodating with the person whose main aim is to bring down her government is a non-starter. 

The aim from the tory point of view is as Barclay suggested on the radio this morning - to be able to claim that Labour aren't really committed to their manifesto position of honouring the referendum result.

And of course anything May says, as you suggest, either isn't to be believed or else can't be delivered.  So it's very much a positioning exercise.  I would expect both parties to go into it having already prepared the comments they will make after the meeting fails to deliver anything new.

Although several tories have been frothing with outrage at the idea of May meeting Corbyn, there's not been the same reaction from the far right of the cabinet.  This suggests that while those outside the cabinet view it as May moving her red lines, those inside have been brought to believe that it's not going to involve any movement on her part.

The reaction has been interesting.  Several tories have claimed that the meeting will "legitimise" Corbyn.  I'm still trying to appreciate the outsanding and truly breathtaking arrogance of this claim, as though his legitimacy derives not from his election or the position he holds, but on whether May chooses to treat him as occupying the office he does.  Absolutely astonishing, and an insight into their feudal mindset.  I see several of them are also wheeling out the "marxist" description.  They seem to panic easily.  Not sure they're the kind you'd want alongside you in the trenches, what?

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Go for a long walk in the hills with Phil, then blindside her party by calling a snap election?  Thought she'd have to move a VONC to do so...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, peterms said:

The reaction has been interesting.  Several tories have claimed that the meeting will "legitimise" Corbyn.  I'm still trying to appreciate the outsanding and truly breathtaking arrogance of this claim, as though his legitimacy derives not from his election or the position he holds, but on whether May chooses to treat him as occupying the office he does.  Absolutely astonishing, and an insight into their feudal mindset.  I see several of them are also wheeling out the "marxist" description.  They seem to panic easily.  Not sure they're the kind you'd want alongside you in the trenches, what?

Of course, this type of reaction is totally and utterly unrelated to soldiers using pictures of Corbyn's face as target practice, or assaulting him outside a mosque, or plotting to murder him or other Labour MPs, or whatever else. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, peterms said:

Go for a long walk in the hills with Phil, then blindside her party by calling a snap election? 

It would be amusing if Labour voted against the dissolution of parliament, though I'm not entirely sure we have enough time to call the snap election without endangering the EU saying Time's Up, Bye

There was some tory on R4 this morning at about 7:30am, didn't catch the name and didn't recognise the voice. But they were describing Corbyn as lacking any morals, hating Britain and a marxist etc.. 

Can you imagine the scenes if he has a 45 minute meeting with Maybot and emerges with a concession that could lead to a deal.

They would need to set up an emergency ward on the Westminster river terrace.

My fear, is he'll have some nebulous promise from May on behalf of the next tory leader that gives him enough leeway to agree, but yet again he forgets the people's vote bit that keeps slipping his mind so annoyingly.

Â