The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Is this going to be another 'I agree with Nick' moment?

Where we all think there's a new mood, a new hope, a spirit of co-operation and the future is gonna be juuuust fine.

Then a few short weeks later it turns out he was just another sharp suited shit bag?

I think I've made a terrible mistake.

• Like 1

Chris Heaton-Harris resigns as a DExeu minister.

Should really be another on the "who?" list, but he was previously famous for half an hour for being that bell-end who wrote to all the universities demanding they send him all their course literature so he could check they weren't biased.

Back in the innocent times when this was all just slightly embarrassing for the country rather than a full-blown national humiliation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xann said:

Britain will have to recover millions of euros from some multinationals after EU antitrust regulators ruled on Tuesday that an exemption in a UK tax scheme was illegal

I'm sure we will recover ours at the same time  Ireland , Luxembourg  and The Netherlands  recover theirs

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm sure we will recover ours at the same time  Ireland , Luxembourg  and The Netherlands  recover theirs

Not if we leave!

But it's good isn't it that Big Co. has to pay taxes like us little 'uns?

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2018/04/24/apple-start-paying13bn-irish-tax-bill-within-weeks/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nikes-dutch-tax-deals-under-scrutiny-in-europe-11547120469

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41484025

Go look - There's more.

20 minutes ago, blandy said:

Not if we leave!

But it's good isn't it that Big Co. has to pay taxes like us little 'uns?

Depends ... if big co employs thousands of people and generates jobs for the country then you can see why some tax breaks might be offered ...indeed were offered by numerous countries ... interesting though that the EU chose to rule similar incentives Slovakia used to entice JLR away from the U.K. as legal , the argument from the EU commission being that in a 3 horse race between Poland , Hungary and Slovakia the tax break stopped the factory going to Mexico !!

33 minutes ago, Xann said:

Indeed the Amazon and Nike one says they haven’t paid , thanks for confirming 

Apple it seems paid theirs but their are still numerous others outstanding in ireland 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Indeed the Amazon and Nike one says they haven’t paid , thanks for confirming 

Apple it seems paid theirs but their are still numerous others outstanding in ireland 

Hahahaha - They're being pursued, like us - Let's see how these stories conclude shall we?

There's still more - Keep looking :)

Just now, Xann said:

Hahahaha - They're being pursued, like us - Let's see how these stories conclude shall we?

There's still more - Keep looking :)

I wasn’t arguing they weren’t being persued , just that we should pay when they did ... I believe their cases were found agaisnt them a couple of years ago ? 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

I wasn’t arguing they weren’t being persued , just that we should pay when they did ... I believe their cases were found agaisnt them a couple of years ago ? 

January the Nike one - There are others - Look yourself!  Honestly we're not being persecuted, they're clamping down on sweetheart deals, I'm not making it up :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

We? It's the companies that need to pay. They aren't our companies, we don't own them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

We? It's the companies that need to pay. They aren't our companies, we don't own them.

D’oh ,Blame then other guy he started it by using the word “us “ 😛

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

D’oh ,Blame then other guy he started it by using the word “us “ 😛

:D Nah, nah, nah - We were chased up and brought to task for dodgy accounting. We now need to chase the loot.

• Like 2

Â