The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

16 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I think that one should be filed under Hell has indeed frozen over or Holy F***!!!

EDIT: and the polling and indeed the Revoke petition must have had them seriously worried. NI polling even in Unionist areas has been much stronger for remain for some time

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think that one should be filed under Hell has indeed frozen over or Holy F***!!!

EDIT: and the polling and indeed the Revoke petition must have had them seriously worried. NI polling even in Unionist areas has been much stronger for remain for some time

For the Northern Irish the beauty of the UK being in the EU is that it goes a long way to satisfying both sides of the Republican / Unionist divide. The Good Friday Agreement has something in it to satisfy the opposing demands of both sides as it currently stands and would not be possible without the UK and Ireland both being in the EU. 

Have the DUP only just noticed this?

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Have the DUP only just noticed this?

Well they generally still think it's 1690 so to come forward so many centuries in such a short space of time would be nothing short of miraculous so they can be forgiven for missing the odd bit of nuance :mrgreen:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I say revoke Article 50, reunite Ireland, adopt the Euro and force Tommy Robinson-Lennon to learn Spanish.

I see him more as a Polish and Urdu kind of guy. 

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I say revoke Article 50, reunite Ireland, adopt the Euro and force Tommy Robinson-Lennon to learn Spanish.

To be clear - forced to learn Spanish via an EU directive. Preferably to be announced by a gay, muslim commissioner.

• Like 2

I'm sure someone will set me straight.

But as an Australian who.doesnt mind following a bit of politics, the whole brexit thing is mental.....

Whatever ever it was meant to achieve, all it has achieved is make it look like the UK is run by children who didn't want to play anymore, so they took their bat and ball and tried to leave but forgot their way home.

Probably more chance of Australia leaving the monarch than UK leaving the EU.

• Like 1

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm sure someone will set me straight.

But as an Australian who.doesnt mind following a bit of politics, the whole brexit thing is mental.....

Whatever ever it was meant to achieve, all it has achieved is make it look like the UK is run by children who didn't want to play anymore, so they took their bat and ball and tried to leave but forgot their way home.

Probably more chance of Australia leaving the monarch than UK leaving the EU.

I very much doubt there's many that disagrees with most of that, though the last bit is still up for debate but I hope you are right

• Like 1

Â