The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

I love that even today she's stood up and told off all the other MP's for turning this in to a shitshow.

It must be brilliant to be so convinced of your lack of fault.

Astounding performance from her, absolutely bereft of self awareness. Like, clinically unaware she's a massive part of the **** problem.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I love that even today she's stood up and told off all the other MP's for turning this in to a shitshow.

It must be brilliant to be so convinced of your lack of fault.

Astounding performance from her, absolutely bereft of self awareness. Like, clinically unaware she's a massive part of the **** problem.

I believe the same off the record cabinet minister I referenced above also said the whole situation was down to her, her inability to engage and her alone

In a normal situation, there'd be a witch hunt and a resignation. I won't be holding my breath on that

• Like 3

21 hours ago, snowychap said:

If it fails tomorrow, does May stand up and declare her intention to ask the house to go for an early election (obviously, she wouldn't do it that way - she didn't last time as she thought it was still in her power)?

And then is the GE run solely on the basis of Tory as Leave v Labour as Anti-Leave using tomorrow's vote as 'the evidence'?

If so then we're in for one of the worst election campaigns that we could imagine.

Nope. She stands up and seems to suggest more of the same.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

What's the point in GE? At this point i'd vote for anyone who had 1 policy of "We will revoke Article 50" but no one will do it. 

LibDems? I'm tempted. That's how bad it's got. 

• Haha 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

LibDems? I'm tempted. That's how bad it's got. 

Problem for many, is with reds and blues both being brexit parties, in my const. for example, they totalled 91% of the vote between them.

That's gonna need some hell of a tactical voting miracle to shift that to any other result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

I think Chris Philp (on Sky News) has just said that Snell and Nandy have voted for the motion. I may have got that wrong as it was when I turned over to the channel.

I either misheard or he was lying.

They both voted against the motion.

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Problem for many, is with reds and blues both being brexit parties, in my const. for example, they totalled 91% of the vote between them.

That's gonna need some hell of a tactical voting miracle to shift that to any other result.

These are ex-strawberry times though. The new Change UK Party + the Libs will have an electoral pact. They will also choose their seats carefully and I wouldn't be shocked to see some sort of non-party based targetting of telling people which way to vote in each constituency if they want to remain (and the same in the opposite direction if Aaron Banks isn't jailed)

• Like 1

He’s one of our own, he’s one of own...

(well, okay - he supports the same team at least) 

The former governor of the Bank of England, Mervyn King, has attacked MPs over their handling of Brexit and called for Britain to leave the EU without a deal after six months of preparation.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/29/uk-should-leave-eu-with-no-deal-says-former-bank-of-england-governor

I don't give a shite about politics but if she is 'agreeing' to quit once her deal goes through, but clearly not going to happen after 3 rejections, then why the **** is she still here? Is it just her thinking of her own career as it obviously seems? 

If so, she's just as much of a traitor as Cam*ron.

Just now, villarule123 said:

I don't give a shite about politics but if she is 'agreeing' to quit once her deal goes through, but clearly not going to happen after 3 rejections, then why the **** is she still here? Is it just her thinking of her own career as it obviously seems? 

If so, she's just as much of a traitor as Cam*ron.

1) she never actually said the words "I'll Leave" (and anyone who believed her is an idiot - the Tory Party appears to be full of them)

2) She said there should be a change in "leadership" for the next phase of the negotiations (or some other nebulous shite). We haven't got there yet

"Clearly it was not the result we wanted. But, that said, we have had a number of senior Conservative colleagues who have felt able to vote with the government today. They have done so in higher numbers than previously," the source said.
"Clearly there is more work to do. We are at least going in the right direction."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47752017

I want at least 4 referendums until Revoke and Remain wins.

Â