The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Francois doesnt seem to get that by far the least popular view in parliament is the hard Brexit and there is zero chance of getting what he wants.  I tend to have a better opinion of MPs than most but I genuinely struggle with him, he must be the thickest of the lot by far.

François may be thicker than 3 day old gravy but he can't hold a candle to the Member for Shrewsbury and Atcham - Daniel Kawczynski, hands down the dumbest piece of excrement to have been elected to the House of Commons in the last thirty years. I've lost count of the number of times he's said stuff that is just plain wrong, factually wrong.

• Like 1

I do wonder if they are being thick for a target demographic, or if they are genuine.

From Francois to right up the plum tree with Mogg, they say stuff which is clearly ridiculous. Mogg last night had said if we go for May's deal we will be a slave state. Then suggested he might vote for it. Maitliss repeated his own words back to him and he told her she was being 'silly'.

He just knows that for some people, saving us from EU slavery, or quoting a grandad from Dunkirk, or a bit of latin or whatever, that's a solid vote winner.

But there's no arguing with them. if one of them announces rhubarb is a type of rock, you can't tell them they are wrong. But what I can never work out, do they absolutely believe that rhubarb is a form of rock? Do they believe whether something is a rock is simply down to opinion? Or do they know that out there, there's a demographic looking for the party that promotes igneous vegetables and as stupid as it might be, once you've said it, you've got their support. Or, I guess I might be wrong about rhubarb?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/233767

Hard Remain: Align with other EU countries and adopt Schengen and the euro.

Many people are unhappy with the various varieties of brexit that are on the table. But many are also unhappy with the current membership of the EU. Another option would be for a "hard remain". The UK should become part of the Schengen area, adopt the euro currency, and adopt EU driving standards.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Imagine if that's what we'd done as a response to a 52% remain vote. It'd be ludicrous, but here we are going for a reckless, extreme Brexit based on a 52%.

What's we have done for a 90% leave vote? Send some spitfires over to Dresden?

20 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I do wonder if they are being thick for a target demographic, or if they are genuine.

It's a combo, some like Lord Snooty are just deliberately disingenuous. Then you have the real dumbasses as outlined above 

Watching the session in the Commons at the minute and It really really annoys me. I genuinely despise them all, the system, the way they talk, cheer and shout each other down.  The whole thing just makes me cringe so much. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

So what are peoples predictions for today's vote? Third time "lucky"?

Numbers as declared should mean a defeat by 50 or so.

But I've just got this unpleasant feeling that more are going to cave than are letting on.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

The days of Raab being touted as one of the Tories 'big brains' are a far and distant memory.

Thankfully.

To be fair though, when the people he is being compared to are other Conservative MPs, it's not all that difficult to swim to the top of that particular puddle.

• Like 1

Â