The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

O'Brien is a prick (he wrote a book titled 'How to be Right) ffs. He just happens to be a prick that knows what he's talking about with Brexit and doesn't suffer fools, particularly ones he can see are dishonest. There's not a great deal wrong with his talk with the Hitler pencil imo, the guest wanted to cherry pick and hide a fuller picture, and the host knew enough to not let him.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Enda said:

Yesterday a car bomb exploded outside the courthouse in Derry. It made the front page of every major Irish newspaper, but none of England's.

Today, two controlled explosions after men with guns hijack more vehicles in Derry. From RTE:

This was so bloody predictable.

Not necessarily the posters of VT but people in Britain generally don't understand Northern Ireland enough. And now the DUP, the only party not to back the Good Friday Agreement, and are in your government.

The bombs will only get worse. This is all so reckless.

It was all very predictable.

The UK doesn't care about Northern Ireland. And when bins start blowing up again, there'll be all the reasons in the world why, bar poking the bees best with abandon for no damn reason.

59 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

me not agreeing with your view of the world doesn't mean I don't get it   , so  no need for the snide remarks , though it does reaffirm my "class" comment from the other day :D

Whatever message O'Brien was trying to put across was lost  ..you're opening  gambit was he tore JRM a new one  ...he might well have done  , but I'd imagine for the average listener they would have struggled to find his message  , it was painful listening , another one of those instances that meant I wanted to shout to the radio (PC in this instance , shut the **** up and let him answer god damn it )

poor journalism really

I'm not sure, I think the average listener would have been as frustrated asJOB at JRM deliberately not answering the question.

In pushing JRM to answer he's at least doing what 99.9% of political journalists currently don't seem capable of

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

me not agreeing with your view of the world doesn't mean I don't get it , so  no need for the snide remarks , though it does reaffirm my "class" comment from the other day :D

Understanding what went on in that interview should be a bitter pill to the non psychopathic element of Brexit. They'll find it difficult to admit to themselves that they're gullible/deluded. Less chance still of them admitting this to others.

Enough VTers have met me now to know what scumbag I am. No secret there :D

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

... the guest wanted to cherry pick and hide a fuller picture, and the host knew enough to not let him.

You picked up on that too, eh? :)

• Like 4

So, I had a bit of a walk around Westminster today. It felt like we're at quite an important time so i'd go and soak up some of the vibe. A bit of an 'I was there' sort of thing.

It was ok, the two rival groups appeared to have happily set themselves apart with the leave means leave weirdos congregating around the entrance to Downing Street and waving flags at the traffic. People taking photos and selfies, lots of more serious camera kit behind some barriers. Lots of police having friendly chats with loons in union flag hats. The remain contingent set up around the green where we see the staging for the tv news interviews, waving flags at the traffic. people taking photos and selfies, lots of more serious kit behind some barriers. Lots of police having fiendly chats with cat ladies in euro berets.

Glad I went. Didn't learn anything (hadn't expected to).Went to a record shop too. That was far more productive.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Giving her another chance to decide on where to holiday would make me question our whole relationship...

Just tell her the "Headstop" you have negotiated will probably almost never be used in Syria whilst on Honeymoon.  

(As in your head stops being attached to your body)

44 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Rhyl Minus Minus.

Syria or Rhyl for a honeymoon,  what a conversation that would be.  😀

A pros and cons list would be needed for sure.  The weather plays a part in January for example.

I've been to Rhyl, I'd choose Syria every time! (Far less of the wrong type of Scousers)

• Haha 1

Â