The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I'm fairly sure most of the leavers voted to replace poor white Europeans with poor brown people from outside Europe

I was unaware that outside of Europe the rest of the world was brown  , maybe Earls court is saturated with Aussie bar staff and the surplus will get job jobs picking fruit instead :P

We are too placid

Dyson is moving its headquarters from the UK to Singapore.

Sir James Dyson of Gammonshire is moving Dyson HQ to Singapore.

Ever had the feeling you've been cheated? Doubtless in ten years time we'll start a ten year long public inquiry in to all this and it will be decided there should have been a bit more robust investigation in to the funders and schemers and liars and opportunists and narcissists and spivs.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We are too placid

Ever had the feeling you've been cheated? Doubtless in ten years time we'll start a ten year long public inquiry in to all this and it will be decided there should have been a bit more robust investigation in to the funders and schemers and liars and opportunists and narcissists and spivs.

If only Wetherspoons would bugger off, taking all its pubs and its clientele at 10am every morning with it

Just now, bickster said:

If only Wetherspoons would bugger off, taking all its pubs and its clientele at 10am every morning with it

People aren't interested in thinking, it's too hard. Yes the owner is horrible and the place is full of pissy tramps and sticky carpet, but the pissmeister beer is cheap and you can get a proper traditional british curry for £1.99. So we'll read his pub propaganda and believe it, 'cos anything written is true. Be it on an edl facebook post, a bus, or a greasy creased card on a pub table at breakfast o' clock.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

People aren't interested in thinking, it's too hard. Yes the owner is horrible and the place is full of pissy tramps and sticky carpet, but the pissmeister beer is cheap and you can get a proper traditional british curry for £1.99. So we'll read his pub propaganda and believe it, 'cos anything written is true. Be it on an edl facebook post, a bus, or a greasy creased card on a pub table at breakfast o' clock.

£5.49

you also left twitter off your propaganda list  , I'm sure that was just an oversight and not because you use it :)

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

We are too placid

Only 2-3% of the Dyson supply chain is in Europe so it makes sense to be there ... of course for those getting their propaganda from twitter :P it also makes sense to blame it on Brexit

it appears to actually involve   2 jobs  and Dyson also said it would be spending £200m in new buildings and testing facilities in Hullavington, and £44m in refreshing office space and adding new laboratories in Malmesbury as well as investing £31m for the young undergraduates at its university on the same site..

I agree with the sentiment that it makes Dyson look a bit of a hypocrite but then remainers spending months calling the man an inward thinking little englander then complaining when he expands overseas put him in good company

We are doomed ...

In practical terms, the change is a minor one. Two senior executives will be transferred to the Singapore office, where the company itself will now be registered

There will be no impact on its 4000 workers in Britain, and according to Mr Rowan, little impact on its tax affairs either. In 2017, it paid £95 million to the Exchequer.

It will continue to invest in its UK research and engineering sites in Malmesbury, London and Bristol, as well as a new centre in Hullavington, where it plans to develop a ground-breaking electric car.

Edited by tonyh29

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

£5.49

you also left twitter off your propaganda list  , I'm sure that was just an oversight and not because you use it :)

I think LEAVE! REMEMBER THE WAR! LEAVE! NEVER SURRENDER! 1966! is more of a facebook vibe.

I find twitter to be far more balanced and measured.

😉

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I agree with the sentiment that it makes Dyson look a bit of a hypocrite but then remainers spending months calling the man an inward thinking little englander then complaining when he expands overseas put him in good company

Point me in the direction of where anyone called him that. Most posts on social media & MSM I've seen have predicted he'd be doing just this since before the referendum.

Most of the criticism of Dyson has been about tax and his demands that we become a tax haven and remove the requirement for public companies to make accounts publically available

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So I've won?

only in the sense of a primary school in that we are all special and everyone is winner  , even the kid that gets timed for the 100m with a calendar

Just now, tonyh29 said:

only in the sense of a primary school in that we are all special and everyone is winner  , even the kid that gets timed for the 100m with a calendar

I'll take that, a win's a win.

What you're dealing with here, is a someone that has his cycling proficiency badge still on his coat AND on my internal office CV.

• Haha 1

LONDON (Reuters) - British ferry and shipping freight operator P&O will shift the registration of its UK vessels to Cyprus ahead of Britain’s departure from the European Union

“For operational and accounting reasons, we have concluded that the best course of action is to re-flag all ships to be under the Cyprus flag.”

rule britannia

Thank **** we've still got Seaborne Freight to fall back on.

3 hours ago, bickster said:

A very long twitter thread on ‘them rules”

I can't offer any opinion on most of them but the one about sugar is complete bollocks. He doesn't know what he's talking about. He's reading a headline and then putting his spin on it.

Â