The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

15 minutes ago, blandy said:

I was immediately persuaded.....it was one of my rasher decisions.

I tend to make a lot of good decisions one after the other, but then I have a run of bad ones. I can be quite streaky like that. 

• Like 1

https://news.sky.com/story/david-davis-the-closer-we-are-to-no-deal-the-better-the-chance-of-a-good-deal-11597480

Entirely predictable this is going to be delayed again and again. Utter cowardice and maliciousness.

The former Brexit secretary David Davis has urged Theresa May to further delay the "meaningful vote" on her proposed Brexit deal in order to increase pressure on the EU and MPs.

The vote was originally due in December, but was delayed when it became clear the prime minister's proposals would be rejected. It is now due in the week beginning 14 January.

Writing in The Daily Telegraph, Mr Davis said it could be put back again if the parliamentary numbers remain against the PM.

Edited by blandy
extract added

I think the Theresa May deal is pretty good tbh. Bit more control of borders and immigration which was what a lot of people were upset about. Keeps trade routes clear like it was before. 

Best possible outcome really once it was confirmed leave had won.

MP’s should just vote it through so we can all crack on.

59 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think the Theresa May deal is pretty good tbh. Bit more control of borders and immigration which was what a lot of people were upset about. Keeps trade routes clear like it was before. 

It really, really doesn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Best possible outcome really once it was confirmed leave had won.

MP’s should just vote it through so we can all crack on.

DId you know the UK sends hundreds of failed asylum seekers back to mainland Europe per year, under an agreement called the Dublin Agreement?  Under No Deal and Mays Deal, we won't be able to do that. This is but one example of how we will actually have LESS control of our borders than we currently have. The idea that Brexit means more border control is silly

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

DId you know the UK sends hundreds of failed asylum seekers back to mainland Europe per year, under an agreement called the Dublin Agreement?  Under No Deal and Mays Deal, we won't be able to do that. This is but one example of how we will actually have LESS control of our borders than we currently have. The idea that Brexit means more border control is silly

IMG_20190103_131510.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Did you know We actually took more back more failed asylum seekers under DR than we sent out  (based on figures from 2016 and 2017 , don't think 2018 has been published)

so presumably as we wouldn't be allowed to send our failed asylum seekers out , we wouldn't have to accept the ones that the other EU countries try to send us ... ergo a fall in asylum seekers , thus taking more control as per the OP point  :P

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Did you know We actually took more back more failed asylum seekers under DR than we sent out  (based on figures from 2016 and 2017 , don't think 2018 has been published)

so presumably as we wouldn't be allowed to send our failed asylum seekers out , we wouldn't have to accept the ones that the other EU countries try to send us ... ergo a fall in asylum seekers , thus taking more control as per the OP point  :P

Well I can certainly understand why people would want to leave this oppressive regime :mrgreen:

14 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

we wouldn't be allowed to send our failed asylum seekers out, ..... thus taking more control as per the OP point

So no control at all then, if someone else's rules are "not allowing" us to....

:P

• Haha 1

Â