The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

55 minutes ago, blandy said:

Possibly. Though I think there's another dynamic maybe going on. The tories are utterly split on the thing, so I'm hoping that they'll blame each other (rather than the electorate). "You should never have campaigned for..."

And maybe there will be a change(s) to our own profoundly undemocratic system. Appointed Peers, hereditary Lords, hereditary Head of State, ridiculous election system, boundary changes based on known highly inaccurate data...Maybe whichever way it ends up some sorting out of the UK system will ensue.

Possibly even a  reason to vote Leave  ?

That's partly why I think I'll end up voting leave  , I'm not remotely bothered about Immigration , the economy will sort itself its kinda what economies do , despite Gordon Brown claiming otherwise .... if we vote remain we just get more of the same with politicians whose very instincts are leave telling us we should vote remain and more and more of the same general apathy that goes on in this country  ... Leave might just show that we aren't prepared to just sit there and grumble without doing anything about it  , Europe this year , maybe House of Lords next year   ..who knows

Regardless of the outcome  I agree with you , I think the Tory party is going to be fighting for some time yet ... Johnson will split them , Osborne will split them , May interestingly is keeping a low profile in all this and is probably calculating that she can be the one to unify them  , but  Snoopers charter has hopefully made her unelectable

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

but  Snoopers charter has hopefully made her unelectable

Surely a political apathy on the part of the electorate is the only thing keeping her around the place?  Poisonous wench.

• Like 2

Literally everyone I know bar my daughter (ironically the most right wing person in the family) is voting leave. They want to make britain great again, I tell them I want to keep the in in Britain.

15 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Literally everyone I know bar my daughter (ironically the most right wing person in the family) is voting leave. They want to make britain great again, I tell them I want to keep the in in Britain.

And what plans have been put in place to make this country great again if we leave? I have seen hardly any evidence to suggest we will be better off. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I want to keep the in in Britain

What about poor Rita? "Letter B" I think I hear you say, but that's not using your brain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

'Make Britain Great Again' is one of those nonsense phrases that is completely empty and lacks any thought, but people lap it up.

When did Britain stop being Great?  What exactly does being Great entail? How does leaving actually enable Greatness?

Makes you want to tear your hair out.

And 'Great' is geographical anyway.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

'Make Britain Great Again' is one of those nonsense phrases that is completely empty and lacks any thought, but people lap it up.

When did Britain stop being Great?  What exactly does being Great entail? How does leaving actually enable Greatness?

Makes you want to tear your hair out.

hard working nurse / teachers

Brave soldiers

Honest hard working families

Making Britain great again

all part of Buzz phrase 101 that they teach any wannbe politician

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

That shitrag The Sun has come out in favour of 'Leave;.  I'd say that's it then, far too many mindless zombies live by the Sun's word.

But don't they just wait and see which way the wind is blowing, write their headlines accordingly, and then when it happens claim, it woz them that won it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blandy said:

I know this is mildy off topic, so er, leave, remain yeah... um, but although it's not really my scene, I find some Michael Jackson songs are very good.

I'm bored of the In/out thing

that's what she said!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

But don't they just wait and see which way the wind is blowing, write their headlines accordingly, and then when it happens claim, it woz them that won it?

They definitely did that in 97 but I do think they carry more influence than they deserve.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ck4-XqZWgAABcpa.jpg

Read this earlier elsewhere.

Just a case of waiting for the picture of a 'remain' campaigner eating a bacon sarnie in a funny way and we are all ****. 

I'm worried now. I thought 'out' were making a lot of noise, about not a lot and I just assumed the public wouldn't follow, especially after Farage's shocking show on the TV debate. 

Squeaky bum time. 

Â