The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

I'm not even bothering. I'll look up the aftermath.

It's going to be a load of old shit anyway. More pandering to the loons with sweet nothings. 

It's supposedly 45 mins long. Which means it'll gave more waffle than Belgium.

Maybe a protestor will do something interesting. Or the cut price set fall apart again.

**** me. Why is there even a speech? Why are lumbered with such a bad government that it can't even be bothered to do the real work needed and has to waste months trying to stop itself falling apart. The country is headed towards a cliff edge and the driver is more concerned that the wipers aren't working whilst ignoring that the brakes have failed.

• Like 1

A speech full of pointless soundbites that are just a list of what the Government wants, its the type of thing that should be set out at the start of a negotiation, not months into it.

And that's ignoring the fact that May's demands are no different from the previous 'have cake and eat it' scenarios she has already been told are not going to happen.

• Like 1

Just now, markavfc40 said:

Be interesting to see what the EU response is to this wishful thinking bollocks May is spouting.

A shrug, and a look at the clock, I would imagine. 

• Haha 1

Theresa, how are you going to solve the border issue in Northern Ireland?

Well, that'll be with the use of technology *smiles*

Yes but, how?

With new innovation in technology.

That isn't an answer.

I've been very clear.

No you haven't.

Let me be clear, we will have a frictionless border in Northern Ireland that will be maintained with technology.

*Entire room searches for heavy objects to bludgeon themselves with*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But yes. Largely the same old shit it seems. There a shocker. Some very minor rollback of rhetoric, some acceptance we will take a hit. But still searching for an option she's told again and again and again we cannot have.

It's **** shameful she's PM. Shameful. Even Tories must see she's **** useless PM backed by a **** useless cabinet. Even take away Brexit and you'd need to be blind not to see it.

With Brexit? It's shameful. What a time to have incompetence reign. Then again the country increasingly resembles an idiocracy so perhaps we deserve it.

• Like 2

Never liked the woman she’s a shambling mess trying to do a bad thatcher impression. 

She was horrendous as Home Secretary and showed her true colours, moonwalking her way to the back during the referendum so she could take over.

she’s a weak speaker and an embarrassment of a pm. 

Its such a pity, during probably the most important time for the UK we have been dealt the shittest hand of spineless and selfish politicians. 

• Like 3

"In my speech in Florence, I set out why the existing models for economic partnership either do not deliver the ambition we need or impose unsustainable constraints on our democracy.

For example, the Norway model, where we would stay in the single market, would mean having to implement new EU legislation automatically and in its entirety - and would also mean continued free movement.

Others have suggested we negotiate a free trade agreement similar to that which Canada has recently negotiated with the EU - or trade on World Trade Organisation terms.

But these options would mean a significant reduction in our access to each other's markets compared to that which we currently enjoy.

And this would mean customs and regulatory checks at the border that would damage the integrated supply chains that our industries depend on and be inconsistent with the commitments that both we and the EU have made in respect of Northern Ireland"

She says the words. It's like she's reading back the thing that someone who actually understands all this has patiently told her. 

So why doesn't she get it?

She has a dictators instinct and the conviction of a woodlouse.

As Home Secretary she rabidly grabbed power and damn the law, and as PM she's a feeble embarrassment.

I suppose in some ways that's lucky.

Unfortunately her feebleness is propped up by a parade of lunatics hell-bent on Stupid in one of the most vital periods of the country's recent history.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Its such a pity, during probably the most important time for the UK we have been dealt the shittest hand of spineless and selfish politicians. 

But then it's hard to carry out a really stupid idea without looking really stupid. 

Those in charge are doing the worst job imaginable, and the next lot in line have shown nothing to suggest they even understand why the current lot are ballsing it up.

But there's no path to take which solves all these problems which they just didn't know about. If you ask someone to build a house out of balloon animals, then however good they are they're still probably going end up doing a pretty shoddy job.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

If you ask someone to build a house out of balloon animals, then however good they are they're still probably going end up doing a pretty shoddy job.

What if they have all the Koalafications or is that irrelephant

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Let me be clear, we will have a frictionless border in Northern Ireland that will be maintained with technology.

Don't forget the implementation of "Technology" means there are no illegal migrants / drugs / Weapons ever making it to the shores of the  UK.  Look at the borders now,  never a problem anymore.:D

She is going to bar-code everyone in Ireland,  including the sheep and cows & they all must lean out the window as the border approaches.

" friction-less" can only happen in a vacuum as far as I know anyway so that could be a lie to start with :D.

Well the list of scandalous mismanagement of this fiasco is infinite, but what stood out today for me was the firm declaration that getting “ control of our borders” includes not having one at all in the island of Ireland.

Brilliant.

• Like 1

Â