The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

He did indeed.  AND he's just launched this grift too.

Helping investors to protect themselves in case it all goes wrong...

The bloke who's stood for election as an MP 7 times in 6 different constituencies and lost every single time, usually with a single digit share of the vote thinks he's the most influential British politician in half a century? Most unflushable turd in 50 years, perhaps.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Is this really what people envisaged taking back control would look like:

Yes but there are no more forriners and we've all got personal doctors. 

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Incidentally, I've had a quick read through this financial advice website that looks to flog a £200 newsletter, and **** me. I can't quite figure it out, because the newsletter is free...so it's £200 just for the pamphlets? Or are there two newsletters? Needless to say, I've signed up for the free one, because I expect it to be a good laugh.

My favourite line so far, on this website dedicated to informing people on how to grow their wealth and become independent is "(I won’t bore you with the maths… just trust me)." 

talking season 3 GIF

• Like 3

If they do establish deal it’ll be interesting to see how Boris and co spin it. Obviously it’s going to be a slightly or majorly shitter version of what we had. Will they try and sell the negotiations as successful?

Great news!!! We’ve managed to achieve something 80% as good as what you had before and what we told you could be improved upon!!!! 

More than a quarter of the United Kingdom’s fishing quota is in the hands of a tiny group of the country’s wealthiest families, an Unearthed investigation has found.

Just five families on the Sunday Times Rich List hold or control 29% of the UK’s fishing quota.

The finding comes from a new Unearthed investigation that traced the owners of more than 95% of UK quota holdings – including, for the first time, those of Scotland, the UK’s biggest fishing nation.

It reveals that more than two-thirds of the UK’s fishing quota is controlled by just 25 businesses – and more than half of those are linked to one of the biggest criminal overfishing scams ever to reach the British courts.

Meanwhile, in England nearly 80% of fishing quota is held by foreign owners or domestic Rich List families, and more than half of Northern Ireland’s quota is hoarded onto a single trawler.

The news comes as the government is preparing to publish a new fisheries bill, which will set the legal foundations for the UK’s fishing industry after Brexit. But while the government is hoping it can net access to more fishing rights in the Brexit negotiations, it has said the new bill will not see any redistribution of the UK’s existing quota rights. 

Unearthed

Just need to sort out the fishing rights...

18 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Needless to say, I've signed up for the free one, because I expect it to be a good laugh.

Christ, I've have 5 emails from these arseholes already. 2 of them were to give me a countdown to a video being uploaded of Nige talking BS, and one to let me know it was now available with my own "private link" to view it. Which is very nice, except for it being the same video that's up publicly on their website and was last night when I signed up to this ridiculous newsletter. 

I think we can all draw our own conclusions about why their target audience for this financial advice is morons.

In Fortune & Freedom, there is no censorship. We value freedom of speech, intelligent debate, and the right to disagree with the tide of popular opinion.

What else would you expect from me?

You’ll get the benefit of my honest insights, as someone who worked within the financial markets for almost 20 years.

I’ll never tell you what to think.

I’ll never ridicule you for daring to think differently from what the mainstream media and those in power want you to think.

I’ll never “cancel you” for breaking away from the politically correct “groupthink” sweeping through our culture.

• Haha 2

In today's fraudulent newsletter, old Nige is trying to convince people to invest in commercial letting, while we're on the cusp of a further national lockdown, and major retailers are going to the wall. Also buy gold, from some specific links that he definitely doesn't get a kickback from. 

It's 74 (seriously) pages of salespitch BS.

• Haha 3

On 18/12/2020 at 21:48, NurembergVillan said:

He did indeed.  AND he's just launched this grift too.

Helping investors to protect themselves in case it all goes wrong...

I hope membership of this gets leaked. I'd like to closely study the list of people who actually fall for this utter shite spewed by that odious prick and make sure nobody I know is on it. And if they are I won't ever be speaking to them again

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I hope membership of this gets leaked. I'd like to closely study the list of people who actually fall for this utter shite spewed by that odious prick and make sure nobody I know is on it. And if they are I won't ever be speaking to them again

Or, alternatively, you could ask them have they ever considered owning a bridge....

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

First Croatia's blue passports, and now this. It's like *all* of it was based on lies.

At least we've got that sovereignty. 

We need to have more control about what happens in the UK. Then you see who would inherit that power. Boris, Mogg, Hancock, Williamson. What we actually need to prosper is less control, we need to actively hand power to other people to tell us what should be done.

Â