The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Just now, bickster said:

There's a perfectly credible one, it's just that we've gone past the point of no return

The EU aren’t going to blink. We need to take our medicine, pay to keep things as they are without a say in how they are.

Then as soon as we can, rejoin.

Just now, Genie said:

The EU aren’t going to blink. We need to take our medicine, pay to keep things as they are without a say in how they are.

Then as soon as we can, rejoin.

You won't find me disagreeing. My actual concern is that it ends in civil war to be perfectly honest

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

How many years and still no credible solution to the Irish border challenge. 

The solution they had from 1998 until 2016 seemed to do a pretty decent job.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Even if it's true, how about don't **** sign something so monumentally important if you haven't had time to scrutinise it properly?!

A reminder that Steve Baker wrote that he (and he implied many others) voted for the bill without reading it because Michael Gove told them it didn't matter because it could be amended later.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bickster said:

You won't find me disagreeing. My actual concern is that it ends in civil war to be perfectly honest

No chance of war, possibly some small protests.

For war people have to know what they want and people who voted brexit at minimum can’t agree on what they say they wanted and maximum don’t know what they really want from other than the obvious 

7 minutes ago, Nicho said:

For war people have to know what they want and people who voted brexit at minimum can’t agree on what they say they wanted and maximum don’t know what they really want from other than the obvious 

The people who voted Remain don't know what they want either, come to that. It would surprise me if there were any noticeable protest about any of this, at least not until the effects of a supply shock (possibly, if it happens) become clear in January.

35 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I don't speak for bickster, but Northern Ireland suffered a civil war for 30 years. It's not sensationalist to fear that will return.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nicho said:

6 hours ago, Enda said:

I don't speak for bickster, but Northern Ireland suffered a civil war for 30 years. It's not sensationalist to fear that will return.

This plus the rioting and looting that may well occur when food is in short supply... it's won't be about what people voted for, it'll very rapidly become about what people need

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The people who voted Remain don't know what they want either, come to that. It would surprise me if there were any noticeable protest about any of this, at least not until the effects of a supply shock (possibly, if it happens) become clear in January.

Remainers might not know what they want, but I think they had far more chance of knowing what they voted for because it was just carrying on as we were. Even if you know nothing about the EU you can at least know you're voting for things to stay the way they are.

But in general I subscribe to the point of view that the public, me very much included, should not have been voting on something so important. We have nowhere near enough knowledge about it.

• Like 3

What would help enormously would be a climb down by the PM. An admission that Brexit wasn’t a good idea A realisation that membership of the EU is a club that has far more benefits that drawbacks. An apology for getting it wrong.

It won’t happen, but it would help. 

6 hours ago, Enda said:

Ah sorry didn’t read any context from other posts. 

Stupidly Didn’t realise it was Northern Ireland related. 

Violence is definately a possibility. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Genie said:

What would help enormously would be a climb down by the PM. An admission that Brexit wasn’t a good idea A realisation that membership of the EU is a club that has far more benefits that drawbacks. An apology for getting it wrong.

It won’t happen, but it would help. 

That would require the PM to be remotely honest about something. Good luck with that :) 

Â