The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

This is just absurd.

On another note, I received an email today from our International Employees HR department and now I have to go through the immigration office and fill in reems of paperwork just to stay in my home.

I have so much disgust for this bunch.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

:( 

I'd be extremely concerned if I were an EU citizen (or anyone else eligible - EEA, &c.) with pre-settled status; I'd still be pretty concerned if I were someone with settled status.

I think the British citizens in Europe are right to be worried but should be less worried than these other two groups as I'd expect EU nations to be less perfidious than the UK government with regard to citizenship statuses.

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I'd be extremely concerned if I were an EU citizen (or anyone else eligible - EEA, &c.) with pre-settled status; I'd still be pretty concerned if I were someone with settled status.

I think the British citizens in Europe are right to be worried but should be less worried than these other two groups as I'd expect EU nations to be less perfidious than the UK government with regard to citizenship statuses.

I'm not worried per se, just a bit unsure about the future, and pissed off that this is all happening against my will.

• Like 1

So we've got people who ought to be resigning in disgrace clinging on by their fingernails, while people who have dignity resigning because they can't bear to continue working with this government. We're all ****.

3 hours ago, snowychap said:

I’m not so sure that expectation is reasonable to be honest. The UK has been much better and more proactive about enacting the ‘citizens rights’ aspect of the withdrawal agreement than the majority of EU nations have.

A number of EU nations now have large anti immigration parties in their parliaments, including here in Sweden. As yet Brits in Sweden don’t know if they will be eligible for ‘settled’ or ‘presettled status’. Nothing has been set up as yet with no word on who will be eligible, yet the clock is ticking. 

Sweden is not the only one dragging its heels. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

So we've got people who ought to be resigning in disgrace clinging on by their fingernails, while people who have dignity resigning because they can't bear to continue working with this government. We're all ****.

I'm really not so sure about clinging on by their fingernails. More like in no danger of having to resign.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I wonder why this 6 person announcement was made 6 days in advance? 

It's almost like they just needed to change the front page.

Yep.

People on holiday with absolutely no opportunity to do anything get 6 hours notice that they are being **** over. Back at home almost a week.

Â