The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Out of interest? Can criminals travel around the EU freely without additional checks? 

Just watching the game tonight and it’s scary to think these Nazi thugs that are proud to be shown on international Tv saluting can enter another country in the EU just using a passport.

Don't worry, these lads will protect us -

image.png

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Out of interest? Can criminals travel around the EU freely without additional checks? 

Just watching the game tonight and it’s scary to think these Nazi thugs that are proud to be shown on international Tv saluting can enter another country in the EU just using a passport.

Schengen area members can, think of it as living in England and travelling to wales or Scotland, it works in the same way, you just drive around without any implications (apart from various passes you have to buy for your car, like local taxes, I cant think what they're called and they tend to be in the east rather than the west) if I fly to say Poland I don't show my passport when I land

Bulgaria are not a Schengen member so they cant, they have to do the same as UK nationals

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Schengen area members can, think of it as living in England and travelling to wales or Scotland, it works in the same way, you just drive around without any implications (apart from various passes you have to buy for your car, like local taxes, I cant think what they're called and they tend to be in the east rather than the west) if I fly to say Poland I don't show my passport when I land

Bulgaria are not a Schengen member so they cant, they have to do the same as UK nationals

You have to show either a passport or the National ID card when you fly to Poland, even if you are Polish. If you cross the EU land borders by car, you can do so without showing a passport but there is nothing stopping border control to ask you for one.

UK is not in Schengen, so any travel to EU can only be done with a use of a passport (or a national ID card where applicable). UK is a bit behind on the freedom of movement when compared to other EU states. 

14 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

EGvrQzdWwAASG1u?format=jpg&name=medium

The SNP must be on quite the tightrope tactically. They want to be seen to be trying really hard to fix Brexit and offer solutions to the other remain or undecided parties.

But by the same token, they must be able to see that their best prospect is with a Tory Westminster getting a hard Brexit.

Two thoughts that occur are firstly, that poll is good news for the Tories (it's 5 more MP's than I'm personally expecting them to get - maybe I need to update my priors - and it's also bad news for Labour). Secondly, on your points above, the SNP understand, I think, that if they were seen to be in any way aiding Brexit, but especially a No Deal Brexit, the political consequences would be terrible for them. That's why they have been unusually conciliatory in how they've talked about being willing to back a Corbyn-led caretaker government. Their electoral incentives are very different from the Lib Dems. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

When you fly you show your passport or ID card in the country you take off from not in the country you land 

Same as UK travelling from brum to Glasgow 

I fly from UK to Poland on regular basis and passport check is always done on the Polish border :) 

In fact, I always wonder why my passport isn't checked when I leave the UK, only at the gates by the flight attendant just to confirm it matches my boarding card. 

27 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I fly from UK to Poland on regular basis and passport check is always done on the Polish border :) 

In fact, I always wonder why my passport isn't checked when I leave the UK, only at the gates by the flight attendant just to confirm it matches my boarding card. 

yeah you will because the UK isn't part of Schengen! I live in germany so when i fly to Poland I don't get checked by the polish border ;)

agree with the 2nd bit though! always strikes me as weird that the only passport check you get at a UK airport is by the flight attendant at the gate (and even then they're checking name matches the boarding pass nothing more) here in germany you get properly checked by the police before you are allowed in to the gate, in morocco it became a bit of joke between the army and the police I think I was checked 11 times before I got on the plane

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

agree with the 2nd bit though! always strikes me as weird that the only passport check you get at a UK airport is by the flight attendant at the gate (and even then they're checking name matches the boarding pass nothing more) here in germany you get properly checked by the police before you are allowed in to the gate, in morocco it became a bit of joke between the army and the police I think I was checked 11 times before I got on the plane

I know, for all the security, cctv, talking about terrorist threats, etc, we take next to no notice of who actually gets on the plane. An attendant checking over 200 passports in 10 minutes of boarding is not a thorough check.

Really weird.

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I know, for all the security, cctv, talking about terrorist threats, etc, we take next to no notice of who actually gets on the plane. An attendant checking over 200 passports in 10 minutes of boarding is not a thorough check.

Really weird.

Last internal flight I got (last July) they had me down as the wrong name.

They checked my ticket, checked my i.d. and asked why they didn’t match, utterly different names not a typo or spelling just a completely different name. I said I didn’t know anything about it, they had a little think and waved me through.

When I was on the plane, they trotted up the aisle, asked me what my name was, asked if I was using someone else’s ticket. I said no so they ticked me off on a sheet of paper and off we flew.

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Don't want to tempt fate but I find it pretty surprising that nobody has managed to blow up a major passenger plane post 9/11.

Nor was there a major European bombing in the last 2 years following Manchester, Paris etc.

I think it might have something to do with ISIS state pretty much being non existent now. There are soldiers, but infrastructure is gone. 

Long may this relative silence continue. 

Â