The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'll wait before judging. But what's ridiculous about this whole process is no matter what the deal is it gets voted down by our politicians.

It's like being in quick sand and not going anywhere. Do they not realise no deal is 10x worse ffs

This won't be much worse than No Deal

It probably won't even get to the vote as Lord Snooty had a Cross Border Tax bill last year that is likely to deem this WA illegal from the off

the deal will be worse but spun in to being somehow better and thanks to boris people will be more willing to buy in to it

regardless of the deal, even if it was better, even if its actually quite good for us, the political point scoring now begins, another round of nothing being approved in parliament, another round of the british public getting frustrated and bored of it all

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Expect to hear a lot more of "The Best Deal is the Deal We Already Have". Thats the line I'd be pushing against this nonsense

We talk about Norway Deal, or Turkey etc.

We essentially have Germany++ right now.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

This won't be much worse than No Deal

It probably won't even get to the vote as Lord Snooty had a Cross Border Tax bill last year that is likely to deem this WA illegal from the off

I think that's a bit of a red herring. If there is a majority for this, there will also be a majority to amend that earlier legislation and remove that amendment. 

If there isn't  a majority for this then it doesn't matter anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

I think that's a bit of a red herring. If there is a majority for this, there will also be a majority to amend that earlier legislation and remove that amendment. 

If there isn't  a majority for this then it doesn't matter anyway.

True, I still cant see it passing though

It’s going to get interesting on Saturday. The anti no-dealers will have to out themselves as anti any-dealers.

Reckon it’ll be voted down, extension applied for then a GE with clear, unambiguous positions. 

Corbyn already saying Labour won’t vote for it - despite not having seen it! 

1 minute ago, Awol said:

It’s going to get interesting on Saturday. The anti no-dealers will have to out themselves as anti any-dealers.

Reckon it’ll be voted down, extension applied for then a GE with clear, unambiguous positions. 

Corbyn already saying Labour won’t vote for it - despite not having seen it! 

What's your opinion on it? As an ardent Brexiteer.

Sorry for spamming but stories coming fast.

What an insult to British parliamentary sovereignty that would be. I thought we were leaving to grant sovereignty to our parliament. Not remove it and make the Government absolute? 

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

What's your opinion on it? As an ardent Brexiteer.

Not read it yet so can’t offer an informed opinion, but it’s interesting that points that could never be negotiated or removed, like the backstop, clearly have been - confirmed by Barnier. 

That’s the difference between having a Remainer and a Leaver as PM.

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Not read it yet so can’t offer an informed opinion, but it’s interesting that points that could never be negotiated or removed, like the backstop, clearly have been - confirmed by Barnier. 

That’s the difference between having a Remainer and a Leaver as PM.

Boris was neither a Leaver nor a Remainer.

You're incredibly naive if you believe Boris actively wanted to leave the EU.

Boris backed what would back Boris in the future. And it worked.

Just now, Awol said:

It's also interesting that all the major points of contention (VAT, level playing field provisions, Stormont consent mechanism, customs border in the Irish Sea), the UK has capitulated on and agreed to the EU position. 

The difference between political rhetoric and political reality. 

• Like 3

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Boris was neither a Leaver nor a Remainer.

You're incredibly naive if you believe Boris actively wanted to leave the EU.

Boris backed what would back Boris in the future. And it worked.

As the bloke who led the Leave campaign I think it’s fair to classify him as a Leaver. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

It's also interesting that all the major points of contention (VAT, level playing field provisions, Stormont consent mechanism, customs border in the Irish Sea), the UK has capitulated on and agreed to the EU position. 

The difference between political rhetoric and political reality. 

You’re ahead of me mate, do you have a link to the treaty text? 

• Like 1

Just now, Awol said:

As the bloke who led the Leave campaign I think it’s fair to classify him as a Leaver. 

Does that dispute anything I said?

He led the leave campaign because it was good for his career.

He isn't a leaver. He isn't a remainer.

He's a Boris'er.

I'm incredibly surprised he's suckered you in.

Â