The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

And when you've retired, aged 65, I hope you enjoy your pension we'll be paying for. :)

Whilst living in your £500,000 pound house you bought for a packet of humbugs and £5er.

Not to worry, that £500K is only worth about £5 now anyway! Sterling back to $1.32 and €1.20. Even the footballer of the same name can get better results.

The ISEQ in Dublin is staring at an 8% loss today :(

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

Not to worry, that £500K is only worth about £5 now anyway! Sterling back to $1.32 and €1.20. Even the footballer of the same name can get better results.

The ISEQ in Dublin is staring at an 8% loss today :(

More project fear nonsense. Enough of all of these 'facts'.

fingers_in_ears.jpg?x=1200&y=794

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

It seems the best case scenario right now is someone agrees a Norway style deal and packages it up as better than it is to stop Leave rioting. Unfortunately a Norway deal basically means trading in our special deal with a deal with all the downsides, little to no money saved and no special dispensations.

I agree - but would the rest of the EU go for that ?. They don't want to see a country that quits the EU thriving or else others will follow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What do you find reassuring about it? You've said that twice now. 

By and large i would trust the average 40yr old to research his/her decision more throughly than the average 18yr old.

The turn out in the 18-24 age group was shocking, yet part of the argument i have seen with regard to the overall turn out figures is that: 

i) Pensioners will be dead in 10yrs so the vote want effect them, (i have honestly seen people claiming that pensioners should not have allowed to vote for this very reason) 

ii) If only a few more 18yr old's could have dragged themselves away from their Nintendo's everything would be fine and remain would have won. 

12 minutes ago, av1 said:

If only a few more 18yr old's could have dragged themselves away from their Nintendo's everything would be fine and remain would have won. 

It's PS or Xbox now. I tell you if Brexit meant we dropped off the European server, you'd see the full pale fury of the COD generation. (On instagram, vine and twitter anyway)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

You're right, the euro is never going to happen now.

no one mentioned the minimum wage, unskilled migrants driving wages down, ie jobs which were above minimum wage are now heading in that direction, why pay a brit £10ph when an immigrant will do it for £7.50

Boris is an opportunist, Cameron is a puppet for Obama.

perhaps Cameron should of commissioned a leave plan on the off chance the vote didn't go his way.

I will check out your professor.

(is he in the pay of the EU?)

don't understand "tin foil hat", I'd suggest a nappy for when your eyes open to the EU you will soil yourself.

If as looks likely, the UK enters recession and the housing market drops, given the scary decline in bank stock prices (e.g., Barclays) that suggests some non publicly spoken concerns (huge amount of UK loans, and worse case re-denominated in $ because of financial shenanigans), will the leave campaigners be happy to pay for the bail out of said systematically important institution?

12 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I tell you if Brexit meant we dropped off the European server, you'd see the full pale fury of the COD generation.

Funnily enough, fishing was one of the hot topics :trollface:

3 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

because if we ever want to rejoin

Let's ... take one thing at a time here.  You haven't actually left yet, and it's becoming increasingly doubtful that you will.

Just now, BOF said:

Let's ... take one thing at a time here.  You haven't actually left yet, and it's becoming increasingly doubtful that you will.

Well yes, I know, but that's kind of my point, the chances of us adopting the Euro were non-existent, now they're slightly higher than non-existent due to that future improbability.

30 minutes ago, villakram said:

If as looks likely, the UK enters recession and the housing market drops, given the scary decline in bank stock prices (e.g., Barclays) that suggests some non publicly spoken concerns (huge amount of UK loans, and worse case re-denominated in $ because of financial shenanigans), will the leave campaigners be happy to pay for the bail out of said systematically important institution?

The banks are way stronger now than in 2007, they have significantly more liquidity and the BOE is pledged to pump even more into the system, there's little chance that major banks will collapse given a mere recession, it would take a lot more than a monumental shock to plunge them into the abyss.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

17 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The banks are way stronger now than in 2007, they have significantly more liquidity and the BOE is pledged to pump even more into the system, there's little chance that major banks will collapse given a mere recession, it would take a lot more than a monumental shock to plunge them into the abyss.

Yes, this is true. Maybe some form of re-capitalization would have been a more appropriate phrasing. I think there is a certain amount of complacency as we have the tools primed and ready to go. How much of a stock drop would be required for real worry? Barclays are at approx. -40% already since last week... something stinks!

Edited by villakram

3 hours ago, darrenm said:

*their

Not saying you're stupid, just that you could have researched how to spell it beforehand.

I've been told about different ways of spelling they're but I will not listen to these idiots as I went to uni and they probably didn't, so I'm sure I no better.

• Like 3

My MP, Ken Clarke, just called for MPs to vote against an EU exit and referred to the referendum result as:

"A small majority from the plebiscite after a bad-tempered and ill-informed debate"

Well said that man. He'd have my vote next time, if he wasn't retiring soon!

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I've been told about different ways of spelling they're but I will not listen to these idiots as I went to uni and they probably didn't, so I'm sure I no better.

So what you're saying is that you're an expert?

Not listening to you then sorry.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BOF said:

we are not Ireland where you get to vote twice on the same thing

Â