Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

Great protests (bar cheering Hutton which I did not understand), worked very well, Danish coverage was also giving it a lot of attention and sympathizing with us. But as Lerner is trying to sell us, we have a whole new board and no manager I would start aiming the protests at they players now ! get them all out of here !  

13 minutes ago, lmarsha_926 said:

Ok

We want a new broad we got that, yes we want Lerner out but that wont happen. We will get a new manager who will then focus on the playing staff which we cannot do nothing about to the summer so why protest about them

It has been 4 years and only now once we are relegated and after we get some positivity with the new board we protest, it is a reactive protest not a proactive, the club and fans have been reactive the last few years that is why we have struggled

The new board and the media know we are in a mess we dont need to protest about, it just makes other fans laugh at us, Just forgot about the rest season nothing we do is going to change anything, just wait till the summer

I agree with the points you make about the changes.  I think Lerner has in effect gone and we have a good set of competent people in charge now, and the time will come when people need to see that.

BUT - little has actually happened yet, no money has been committed, no promises given, no players booted out, and no plan for the future outlined comprehensively.  Allied to that the performances from the players are dreadful.  As such, the banners about the right to display banners certainly made sense, and the "Proud History What future" are relevant now and for the foreseeable future, almost as a challenge, a question, from the fans that they want answering. Why on earth do you think other fans laugh at us ?

Because of what I see as the 'new start' I wouldn't protest myself, but there is still reason to see why people do.

17 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Great protests (bar cheering Hutton which I did not understand), worked very well, Danish coverage was also giving it a lot of attention and sympathizing with us. But as Lerner is trying to sell us, we have a whole new board and no manager I would start aiming the protests at they players now ! get them all out of here !  

I think the cheering was because he was leaving the field of play?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YGabbana said:

Great effort lads. Worked a treat and was shown on BT Sport several times

I thought BT over exaggerated it to be honest , but maybe it looked bigger in the flesh than it did on TV

liked the paper aeroplanes though , think that's the way forward , launch 20,000 planes on the pitch

• Like 2

Well done to everyone involved today and in the work that wen't in before.

Was pretty visual and looked nice on the telly.

I think I'm at the point that I wan't to see a stay away from Villa park protest. 

As Bournemouth is Acorns day? and Newcastle is the last opportunity we'll have to watch Villa at home in the PL for as long as Lerner is the owner, it should be against Southampton.

I know many already have tickets and season cards but staying away from that game in large numbers would be a good protest. 

A half empty stadium or if possible below 20k would be eerie 

Edited by sne

56 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Do NOT postpone it again.

Keep the momentum going. Banners against players next?

Yep. The focus has to be on more than just Lerner. He's to blame but so too are many of the words removed we have playing for us.

35 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Going forward we intend to build on this now but I got to be honest we need more people stepping forward to help. This is pretty much a handful of people running this protest and at times it is hard.

You should try running a football forum for 14 years :)

• Like 3

Very well done today lads, loads and loads of coverage on the TV and BBC website etc, and as the above photographs demonstrate, the mess left on the pitch was a very visible reminder of the fans' unhappiness.  Do not let up now, you have our full support.

• Like 1

Â