Keinan Davis

a-k

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nope.

At this point we might as well just see out his contract and see if we can get any use out of him, even in Cups etc

Any future move he gets might almost be a pay as you play, of pay wahen you're fit or something, or much reduced wages

its such a shame.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Surely he should be valued at a similar fee to what we be paid for Samatta and Trezeguet? Between £8m and £12m? 

With his injury record who is going to take that risk?

Looks like he won't be going there unless its very late on in the window and on the cheap. You would have to say that Lingard, Awoniyi Grabban and Surridge is enough of a forward line to get them at least 17th place, personally i think that isnt a bad list of options there for a first year in the prem, especially as Lingard got 9 goals and 5 assists in half a season at the hammers. Feel for him as i thought they had found a home for him but Cooper obviously sees he needs prolific scorers and those with experience so its tough for him and he will probably need to go on loan in the championship

6 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Surely he should be valued at a similar fee to what we be paid for Samatta and Trezeguet? Between £8m and £12m? 

If I was a manager of a top Championship team / recently promoted PL team I would look to sign AEG or Trez well before Keinan.  I really can't see anyone agreeing to pay anything like £8m - certainly not up front.  If I was putting in an offer for Davis I would be looking to put a lot of emphasis on paying a lowish fee with performance clauses on games played, goals scored, etc.  Lower risk but if he does play a lot and more importantly score a lot then the additional bonus payments would be well worth it.  But I don't think Davis would get close to the top of my target list anyway - just doesn't score enough goals.

If I wanted to change a game that we weren't in at 60 minutes, I'd probably bring Davis on over Archer.. but if we needed a last minute goal, or were failing to capitalise on chances we're making, Archer is the clear option.

This assumes we're starting Ings and Watkins in a 2 up front like a lot of last season.

He does, for me, offer something different from any of our other strikers, but it's irrelevant if he isn't fit.

Given his fitness issues, I'd be happiest if we managed to sell him,  but for anything less than 8m I'd keep him as another option. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

You would have to say that Lingard, Awoniyi Grabban and Surridge is enough of a forward line to get them at least 17th place

Not sure Lewis ‘1 goal in 25 PL games over three seasons’ Grabban is one I think will trouble many PL defences, but the others definitely have an exciting wildcard element around them. As things stand though I still think they’ll be going right back down which is a shame as they’re a proper club.

Off topic though - sorry! Shame for Keinan as he seemed to be doing great there. You’d think enough for another Champ team to give him a shot if he isn’t in our plans.

Edited by Adam2003

2 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Looks like he won't be going there unless its very late on in the window and on the cheap. You would have to say that Lingard, Awoniyi Grabban and Surridge is enough of a forward line to get them at least 17th place, personally i think that isnt a bad list of options there for a first year in the prem, especially as Lingard got 9 goals and 5 assists in half a season at the hammers. Feel for him as i thought they had found a home for him but Cooper obviously sees he needs prolific scorers and those with experience so its tough for him and he will probably need to go on loan in the championship

Lewis Grabban has left and Lingard isn't a striker. That leaves a team that played 2 up front last year with 2 strikers. They need another.

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

If I wanted to change a game that we weren't in at 60 minutes, I'd probably bring Davis on over Archer.. but if we needed a last minute goal, or were failing to capitalise on chances we're making, Archer is the clear option.

This assumes we're starting Ings and Watkins in a 2 up front like a lot of last season.

He does, for me, offer something different from any of our other strikers, but it's irrelevant if he isn't fit.

Given his fitness issues, I'd be happiest if we managed to sell him,  but for anything less than 8m I'd keep him as another option. 

Lost for words doesn't cut it.......I'm searching for irony but can't find any.

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

In what way would Davis 'change the game' but Archer wouldn't? Presumably if Archer came on and scored it would change the game somewhat?

30 minutes ago, duke313 said:

In what way would Davis 'change the game' but Archer wouldn't? Presumably if Archer came on and scored it would change the game somewhat?

Davis offers a lot more on the ball than Archer does, and is different to any of our strikers in that respect.  Archer would slot in where Watkins/Ings does and be a bigger goal threat.

As per original post, if we weren't in the game and our strikers weren't getting a look in, Davis would offer more than Archer by dropping deeper and allow attacking midfielders more opportunity to break behind.  His hold up play is very good.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

No to be fair @MrBlack has a point. Davis is a very different striker to the others. If a game plan isn’t working and you need someone more physical to come on and perhaps bully a few defenders you would bring him on rather than Archer. 

50 minutes ago, duke313 said:

8 hours ago, Dillon66 said:

Lost for words doesn't cut it.......I'm searching for irony but can't find any.

As @GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS put it... he offers something very different from what Archer does. 

As I tried to allude to in my post.  if we're on the back foot, the ball isn't getting to our forwards at all often, and isn't sticking when it does,  then Davis gives us a better chance of turning that around. No good bringing lethal finisher Archer on if he isn't going to get the ball in the first place.

May be an argument to bring them both on at the same time,  but to disbelieve the fact Davis offers something very different from Archer, Ings and Watkins is ignorant of his abilities. Even if you believe he is useless at all other things, you cannot deny his strength, or ability to hold up the ball.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Lewis Grabban has left and Lingard isn't a striker. That leaves a team that played 2 up front last year with 2 strikers. They need another.

One of them was Brennan Johnson who is still there and their best player. Surridge played there and is also still there.

Awoniyi & Johnson will start, Surridge on the bench. Lingard will play as a 10 instead of Zinckernagel. They probably need another Striker and another 10.

Maybe we can try and send them both Davis and JPB. Ideally one sold and one on loan as we only have 8 slots this year

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

As @GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS put it... he offers something very different from what Archer does. 

As I tried to allude to in my post.  if we're on the back foot, the ball isn't getting to our forwards at all often, and isn't sticking when it does,  then Davis gives us a better chance of turning that around. No good bringing lethal finisher Archer on if he isn't going to get the ball in the first place.

May be an argument to bring them both on at the same time,  but to disbelieve the fact Davis offers something very different from Archer, Ings and Watkins is ignorant of his abilities. Even if you believe he is useless at all other things, you cannot deny his strength, or ability to hold up the ball.

I get what you're saying, is he good enough to do that in the Premier League though? I think he was playing at his level for Forest in the Championship.

Â